Chapter 28

I can't believe there are only TWO chapters left!!!! This one doesn't have Embry in it but the big reunion of Lamia nad Embry will be in the next one! This chapter is mainly a filler but I hope you like it anyway :)

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

**************************************************************************************************************

I don’t know how long I was out but when my eyes opened, I knew that I wasn’t in the Volturi lair anymore. My eyes blinked at the light that was on the ceiling. I turned my head to look around the room from where I lay. The room had very white walls and smelled of cleaning supplies. I was positioned on a bed in the middle of the room. To my right was a heart monitor that steadily beeped along with my heart beat. I wasn’t in a hospital so where was I?

            “You’re at our house,” Edward said as he opened the door to the room and walked in with Carlisle behind him. Edward came over to you and put a sandwich on the bedside table. I smiled to show him my thanks before he left the room, leaving my and Carlisle alone.

            I tried to sit up but it was slow going. My body still ached from the beatings and while I was still in my dirty clothing from earlier, I could still see several bruises prominently displayed on the exposed skin. They’d be there for a few days I’m sure.

            I nibbled on the sandwich as Carlisle looked over some papers. I still felt a little awkward being here. I was happy for them saving me and Alice had said that they knew I burned the files but even with all that, would they except me back as friends?

            Carlisle came over to me and placed the papers on the bed beside where I sat. He took the heart monitor pad off me, causing the room to go silent except for my quiet breathing. He started to go over my cuts and bruises, cleaning me up as best he could. I finally couldn’t take it anymore.

            “Thank you Carlisle for everything. You put your family in a position that they didn’t need to be to save me and for that I’ll be eternally grateful,” I said. He looked up from my hand that he was wrapping to glance at me.

            “It was no problem Lamia. Once we found out that you hadn’t given the Volturi anything then we couldn’t just let you die. We had to do what was necessary to help a friend,” he replied with a small smile.

            “A friend…,” I chuckled humorlessly, “ How could any of you consider me a friend after all the mistakes I have made. The spying, the deception…hardly something a friend would do,” I mutter and drop my head to look at my lap. I heard him sigh and drop my hand. I saw his feet move until he was beside me and leaning against the bed.