Chapter 15

Ok here you go. It has taken me awhile to get this up and for that I apologize. On the plus side, I am officially on summer break now so I should be able to update more! Last chapter I asked about songs that would fit Lamia and Embry's relationship, whether for htis chapter or in whole. I got three responses and I am so greatful for those. After listening to them and taking in suggestions from my sister as well, I decided to go with "So Contagious" by Acceptance. I still would like to dedicate this chapter to the three people that gave me suggestions: samsung789, Xpen7777, and NissaRose!!! You guys are awesome and this chapter is for you!

Enjoy!

******************************************************************************************************************

               By the time I pushed through the last line of trees, I was soaked from the rain. The beach was deserted and the water churned, smashing against the shore. The dark clouds made the beach look eerie. The rain made it hard to see more than a few feet in front of where I stood. I couldn’t see anyone else on the beach. I was alone.

            I started walking down the shore, looking for any sign that Embry might be here but to no luck. He wasn’t here. I would just have to wait for him. I made my way back towards where we last talked. I didn’t care that the rain was pounding against my body. I didn’t care that being out here might make me sick. I knew I had to talk to Embry and this was the only way I knew how.

            Maybe he or the others are roaming around here somewhere, I thought trying my hardest to see any type of movement. I strained my ears to see if I could hear anything but the rain and wind made it practically impossible.

            “Embry,” I yelled into the vast openness of the beach and the woods behind me. Even though I didn’t know if he was close or not, hopefully someone would hear me.

            “Embry I just want to talk,” I yelled again turning my head to take in my surroundings. There was no way to know whether or not he would even talk to me if he heard me. If I was him, I wouldn’t talk to me. I mean, I did just run away from him and basically destroy his heart. I could only hold out hope that he would listen to me.

            Suddenly I heard something behind me. I whipped around to look at the woods behind me. I could barely make out eyes and the form of a wolf. It had to be one of the pack members. I stepped closer and the wolf watched me warily. Once I was a little bit closer, I could make out the russet color of the wolf’s fur. It was Jacob. I read he was the only one of the wolves that had that color of fur.

            “Jacob,” I said. Even though the rain was heavy and the wind was blowing viciously, I knew he would be able to hear me. The wolf surprised that I could tell who it was. I knew I probably shouldn’t have called him by name but I couldn’t bring myself to worry about it now. If he asked, I’ll just come up with some excuse.

            Jacob went to walk away but I held up my hands to stop him. “Jacob please listened to me,” I said knowing that some desperation was slipping into my voice. He stopped and turned his head to look at me. I wiped the water running down into my eyes, not that it helped any. I took another step forward with my hands still up.

            “I know that you probably all hate me for what I did to Embry a few nights ago but I’m trying to make it right. So please, will you have him meet me here?” I begged, my voice cracking ever so slightly.

            Jacob tilted his head to the side and surveyed me. I guess he didn’t know whether or not to believe me. Something in my eyes must have convinced him because he gave a short nod and took off into the woods leaving me standing there watching after him. I took a seat in the sand and looked out into the water. Jacob was going to get him. Now it was up to if Embry would come.