Chapter 9

Ok so this is a filler chapter. Basically the chapter is all about Embry and Lamia's first date!! Let me know what you think.

***********************************************************************************************************

          What have I got myself into, I thought as I checked my reflection in the mirror. Today was Wednesday and Embry would be here any minute to take me out on our first date. Well technically, it would be the first date I had ever been on. Since I was taken at the age of seven it didn’t leave much time to go on dates. I have been thinking constantly about tonight the minute after I said I’d go. I didn’t want to mess it up but I didn’t know the appropriate behavior for going on a date. It may be my first timing actually going out with a guy but I’m glad it’s Embry. Hopefully the nerves would settle once we got to where we are going tonight.

            Embry wouldn’t tell me. I asked him probably a hundred times but he would not budge. All he told me is that I should dress warm because we would be outside. I took in my outfit. It was nothing special. A pair of dark wash jeans hugged my legs, a long sleeve, green sweater covered the upper half and I topped it off with a pair of black converses. My makeup was minimal with eyeliner and a little lip-gloss. I let my hair fall down in soft waves. I looked nice but I couldn’t help but wonder if I should have worn something perhaps a little nicer.

            Before I could talk myself in to changing, the doorbell rang echoing through the house. I grabbed the jacket Embry gave me after the first ride home that was lying across my bed and left the room. I had grown fond of the jacket. I rarely wore another one. I don’t know if it was because of the bigger size or the fact that Embry’s scent still hung on it, but it made me feel good to wear. It brought about the comforting feelings I get when I’m around Embry.

            The doorbell rang again and I laughed at his persistence. “I’m coming,” I called as I made my way to the front door. I grabbed my bag which contained some money and opened the door. “Well someone is impatient…” I began but was halted by the sight in front of me.

            Embry stood in the light of my front porch with a dazzling smile that appeared on his face when I opened the door. He was dressed in jeans and a white button up shirt. He looked even better if it was possible. It was moments like this that made me wonder why he was so interested in me when his imprint was out there somewhere, waiting to take him. I pushed those thoughts aside as I smiled back at him.

            “Can you blame me when I’m excited to be taking out such a beautiful girl?” he asked pulling a rose from behind his back and handing it to me. I blushed at the compliment and lifted the flower to my face to smell.

            “Thanks. You clean up nice,” I said trying to think of how to compliment him without sounding completely awkward. He chuckled and gestured to his car in the driveway.

            “You’re chariot awaits my lady,” he exclaimed, giving his best attempt at a British accent and even bowing a little. I laughed at the dramatics and locked the door behind me before walking past him towards the car. I was about to open the passenger door when he called out to me. “Wait, let me get that.”

            He came around me and opened the door. I curtsied, continuing what he started on the porch, to which he just smiled. The car ride wasn’t long. He wouldn’t tell me the location but I knew we were heading through the La Push reservation. I almost couldn’t keep still from the wait. He tried to distract me with small talk about our day and the homework that neither of us had done yet. I glanced out the window every few minutes trying to figure it out but the further we got from the small houses, the less I could come up with. Eventually he turned down a dirt road and drove a little into the woods before stopping.