Chapter 16

I got this chapter up faster than I thought I would. It is a little shorter thatn my regular chapter I think but it's really just a filler. I am already in the process of writing the next one. I'm pretty sure that it will be mostly a filler as well but ut may end in a cliff hanger. You'll just have to wait to find out :)

Don't forget to vote/comment!!!

*****************************************************************

          A bright light shining on me woke me from my sleep. I barely opened my eyes to see sunlight streaming in from a window right beside me. I opened my eyes wider to take in the room. There were clothes on the floor, books lying in a pile near a closet, and a small dresser. It definitely wasn’t my room. I sat up on the bed to survey the room better and my eyes landed on a picture frame on the bedside table. In the picture, Embry had his arm around a very pretty older woman.

I started. I was in Embry’s room. Thoughts of yesterday’s events flashed through my mind and I couldn’t help but smile. I ran a hand through my hair and realized that Embry wasn’t in the room. About that time, the door to the room opened and Embry peeked his head in.

“What are you smiling about sleepy head?” he said with a smile of his own. He pushed the door open wider and came to stand in front of me.

“Just thinking about yesterday,” I replied standing up. I looked down at myself to see I was in an oversized shirt and a pair of sweatpants. That was not what I wore yesterday. I looked up and gave Embry a confused look.

“I didn’t want you to sleep in your wet clothes in case it would make you sick so I changed you into some of my clothes but I swear I didn’t look…much,” he exclaimed rubbing the back of his neck and I could see a dark tint appear on his cheeks. I’m not going to lie, it was really awkward knowing that Embry basically saw me half naked but I had seen him without a shirt. It could be considered the same thing right? Well, I’ll just call us even.

I wrapped my arms around him in a hug. He immediately responded, wrapping his own arms around my waist. “Thank you. That was very considerate,” I said knowing a blush would be visible on my cheeks as well. He let out a small chuckle and kissed the top of my head.

“Glad you think so,” he said squeezing me once more than releasing me. He took my hand and began pulling me out of the room. “Time for breakfast. My mom should be almost done,” he said.