Chapter 7

Here is the next chapter!!! It took me a little longer than I wanted to take but I finally found some time between homework and going to class to post this. Thanks for all those that are reading and commenting on the story!! Enjoy :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               The final bell rang on Friday to dismiss us for the weekend. Students cheered and raced out of the classrooms, instantly making the hallway hard to walk in. I could understand their excitement. Despite my initial happiness to be going to school with normal people my age, my first week was slowly making me regret it. After the first two days, teachers started pouring on the homework and projects to the point where I was feeling far more than overwhelmed. I tried not to let my exhaustion show around others but when it was just me in the house, it hit me hard. So needless to say, I was excited along with my fellow classmates to be having the weekend off.

                 My first week wasn’t all bad though. The pack and Alice talked with me during class and I sat with them at lunch. The other Cullens seemed to be coming around as well thanks to their sister being so friendly to me. I hadn’t actually spoken to the rest of them yet but at least they weren’t constantly watching me while at school. It was a relief because I was afraid they might catch on if they kept up such a close watch. Embry still talked to me the most and after the first car ride, he offered to drive me home every day. At first I declined and walked home but that boy was persistent so I ended up riding with him a few more times even though I knew I shouldn’t.  I talked to him more than I did the others. I felt comfortable talking to him which should be sending up a red flag but it either wasn’t or I was blind to it.

                As I reached my locker, I opened it to reveal the mess that it had become. Books are piled up at the bottom. Papers from my different classes trashed the shelf that was at the top. I put my books from my last class in the locker then began packing my bag with the work I need to do over the weekend. Being the new girl, I really didn’t have anything to do this weekend besides the homework the teachers gave me and read files on the Cullens and the pack.  I had already read them and reread them several times but I didn’t have anything else to do. Perhaps I’ll go scoping around again? Maybe near the Cullen house this time? Or maybe I’d finally try the TV, I thought closing my locker after collecting all my things.

            “Hey Lamia,” I heard someone call me but I already knew who it was. I turned to see Embry walking down the hallway towards me. He wore a huge smile on his face that always made me feel warm inside. If it was even possible, I was finding him more attractive every time I saw him. I couldn’t help to feel like I wanted to be around him. It was almost like I had a pull towards him.

             “No, Embry I’m walking home today,” I said with a smile as I started to walk down the hall towards the exit. He came up beside me and matched my pace.

             "But it’s raining again so I must insist,” he teased. He knew that I didn’t want to walk in the rain and that I’d accept the ride. No wonder he was smiling so big.

             “Just great,” I muttered as I came to the exit. I could hear the rain as it hit the ground outside. Looking through the windows, I could see water already standing and what looked like a small river running the slope from the parking lot to the road. I instantly regretted my shoe choice of sandals and the fact that I forgot my jacket this morning. I’d be drenched to the bone by the time we even got to his car.

              Embry must have seen my hesitation because he took off his jacket and threw it at me. I caught it barely before it smacked me in the face. “Put it on so you don’t get soaked,” he said as I looked at him.