Chapter 21

I am so sorry for the long wait. I've been so distracted lately but I finally got to sit down and write. I wasn't particularly happy with the chapter but I think that it got across what i wanted it too. Thank you all for the votes and comments. They keep me going so thanks. After I post this, I plan on trying to start writing the next one. I doubt it will be up today but we shall see. Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think in the comment box below!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Embry’s POV

            When I woke up Monday morning, a smile was on my face. Saturday’s date had gone over better than I ever planned. To say I loved Lamia was an understatement. I couldn’t live without her. She was the air I breathed and the reason my heart beat. She deserved everything and I would give up anything to see that she got it. I wasn’t very happy about sending Seth having to pick her up but the lights took longer to hang than I expected.

            When I saw her step out of the path from the woods, she was absolutely breathtaking. The way she looked that night will forever be ingrained in my mind. That night had be nothing less than perfect. I wish we could have stayed out there forever. Just the two of us together with no distractions and no dangers.

            There had been no sign or smell of Jane or any of the other Volturi guards anywhere near Forks or La Push. We even went as far as to go to the borders of Washington to check for any indication of them being near but came up empty. Sam was finally lessening the amount of patrol we all had to do which I was both happy and irritated about. I was happy because I got to spend more time with Lamia but I felt like if we weren’t out there patrolling then someone might slip through and I needed to keep her safe.

With that last thought, I reached over in the bed and felt for Lamia’s familiar shape but it wasn’t there. Her spot was cold. My eyes shot open and I hopped out of bed. “Lamia,” I called, my heart beating faster than normal. What if she was taken during the night while I had been asleep? I would never forgive myself if…

            “Embry, what is it?” Lamia asked walking into the bedroom. She was already dressed for the day. I immediately walked over to her and pulled her into a hug, burying my face in the crook of her neck. “What’s wrong?” she asked, rubbing a hand up and down my back.

            “I woke up and you weren’t beside me. So I kind of…panicked,” I mumbled. I sounded like a wimp to her. I sounded silly even to myself but I was telling her the truth. If I couldn’t protect her, what could I do? I don’t want to lose her.

            “Shh, it’s ok. I was just making some breakfast before school,” she said leaning back. She put both her hands on my cheeks and lifted my head to look into her eyes. Her eyes always seemed to have a calming effect on me. The way their light blue color almost looked grey in the early morning light and the slight yellow tinge around the pupils made it look like I could fall right into them. I get lost in them frequently.