Chapter 25

Hello, hello! So I got this up faster than usual, so I hope you all are happy :)  This chapter has both Lamia and Embry's POV. Just a heads up, I will be going on a trip for the weekend but I might update another chapter before then but only if you do something for me. Let's say 30 votes and I'll update. I leave Friday afternoon so if I don't get the votes before that then I will post it on Monday.

Enjoy the chapter! Not many chapters left!

**********************************************************************************************************

Lamia’s POV

            It wasn’t until after midnight that I finally managed to get home. I stayed in the meadow well after the rain had stopped. I just couldn’t find it in me to move no matter how cold or wet I got.

         Have you ever felt like your whole world was collapsing down on you? Well if you haven’t, it’s the worst feeling you can imagine. I felt like a massive force was weighing on me, pressing me further and further into the soft earth. My mind was detached from my body. All I could do was cry and try to hold myself together but I gave up on that after the first five minutes.

         I became numb. Not completely but enough for me to convince myself to get up from the ground and start making my way home. By that time, it was almost pitch black outside. The storm had brought in thick clouds that blocked out any light from the moon or stars which left me struggling to see where I was going.

           I was alone and scared but really, I didn’t care. If a wild animal or psychopath got me while I was trudging through the woods then I would be more than happy to let them have me. It’s one of the many thoughts that come with the idea that you’re world is gone.

           It took almost two hours for me to navigate my way through the trees and underbrush until I saw the silhouette of my house. It didn’t help that I was tripping over rocks and fallen limbs as I walked. It was foolish of me but I couldn’t help but hope that someone would come to make sure I got home. That maybe someone would care if I had died in the woods by myself or not. It was ridiculous for me to even think that I deserved that because that fact of the matter was…I didn’t.

           Once I was in the house, I didn’t do anything. I didn’t turn on the lights. I didn’t lock the front door. I didn’t eat or even change my clothes. I just curled up on my bed. The warmth that I had grown accustomed to with Embry beside me wasn’t there. I wrapped my arms around myself but it did little to make me feel whole again. His scent still wafted up from the pillow and the sheets but instead of making me feel any better, it only caused the pain in my chest to increase tenfold and newfound tears to spring back to my eyes.

           Everything I had done. All the secrets I have kept for his safety. It all ended up being pointless because I still lost him. I don’t know why I thought that I could get away with it. My life has been a pile of letdowns and fallouts, so why would this be any different? Because I had friends? Because I had someone that loves…loved me? No, I was cursed it seems to live the worst life possible.

            I stared at the wall from where I lay on the bed. It was a couple of hours before I was able to see the start of sunlight being able to creep over the edge of the tree line and stream into my room. I didn’t move. As much as my body screamed for sleep, some type of relief, I couldn’t. When I closed my eyes, all I could see was Embry’s face filled with hurt and anger. It would flash between the two emotions, his words playing on repeat in my head.