Chapter 6

Ok so here is the update for the story. It took me longer then expected since I've been feeling a little under the weather and getting back to school after break but I finally did it! I really appreciate all the response that I have been getting. Keep it up and perhaps I'll post the next chapter faster :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day was pretty much the same. People stared at me, I ignored them, and Embry tried to talk to me. All throughout gym, Embry and Paul stayed by me. I wasn’t us to the attention, especially in a positive way. I should have been uncomfortable around them like the others but for some reason I wasn’t. It was unsettling that I felt like I did more so than them being near. I lost a couple of hours of sleep last night because of it.

            Today, the other members of the pack were friendlier to me. They weren’t as bold to talk to me like Embry and Paul but they would smile at least. The Cullens still haven’t tried to talk to me even though I see them watching me every once in awhile. Turns out I have the pixie-ish one in my economics class. Alice, I think her name is. She seems the most receptive of me compared to her brothers and sisters.

            Now Embry was leading me to the table where the pack sits for lunch. I slowed my pace slightly, willing myself to not run the other way. As we got closer, I could tell the table was growing quiet. They all turned to look at us approaching. I could feel the nerves bunching up in my stomach, making me anything but hungry. With the whole pack looking at me, I had to break eye contact. I glanced around the cafeteria where low hums of rumors were already developing. The Cullens looked on with indifference or what they were trying to display as such. I swallowed a lump forming in my throat as Embry and I came to a stop. Embry took a seat beside Paul but I remained standing, shifting from foot to foot. Get it together Lamia! Don’t be so nervous, I scolded myself. How could I be so malicious toward Jane but these people had my knees shaking.

“Aren’t you going to sit down?” the young guy from my first class said looking at me with an eyebrow rose. Everyone was still looking at me. How long have I been standing here just looking like an idiot? I mentally slapped myself then slide into the chair beside Embry.

Everyone at the table slowly returned to their previous conversations. I stared at my food. Nerves still wracked through my body so I just pushed the food around my plate.

“So, tell us about yourself Lamia?” I heard someone say. I lifted my head to see Jacob sitting in front of me with an expected expression.

Ok, breathe. I know the story that the Volturi set up so all I have to do is just repeat it. “Not much to tell really. I lived in Chicago before my dad moved here for work,” I said putting my hands in my lap to hide them shaking.

“What does he do?” Jacob asked right away.