Chapter 14

So I decided to upload the next chapter of this story before I expected. We get a little bit of Embry’s POV in this chapter but don’t worry, Lamia still gets her turn. The chapter may be a little boring but I wanted you all to see how each of them are feeling. To all of those that have been commenting…YOU ROCK!!! lol 

       Anywho, I will try to update again in a few days. My finals are coming up so I have a lot of studying and papers to write that have to come first but it hopefully won’t be too long before I post the next one. Also there is a note at the bottom that gives you an opportunity to help with the next chapter and maybe get a dedication, so don’t forget to check it out.

 I hope you all enjoy!!!

******************************************************************************************************************

XX Embry’s POV XX

            I never thought I’d feel this much pain. Especially not from my imprint, the person I was supposed to love my whole life. There would be no other girl for me and yet she didn’t want me. The pain, panic, and confusion in her eyes had been so potent. Just seeing her like that made my heart clench. She started crying and at first I didn’t understand why. I thought maybe she was just overwhelmed with all the information or, briefly, that it was because she was happy. Neither were what I expected and the real reason almost brought me to my knees. She didn’t want to be with me. I foolishly thought that I saw love flash in her eyes after I confessed my love for her but I guess I was wrong. She left me there on the beach as she ran from me. She just wanted to get away.

            I spent all night in the woods. Howling. Crying. Trying to get rid of the sorrow that was slowly enveloping me and taking hold of my heart.  At the sound of my howls, the rest of the pack shifted trying to get me to calm down. The scene shown within their minds of what had happened and they stopped saying that everything would be ok. They couldn’t know how I felt. Most had imprints that had accepted them and loved them. Others were still looking for their imprints. I was the first that had an imprint run away and say we can’t be together.

            Was it my fault? Had I pushed her too hard? Did I drive her away? Perhaps if I hadn’t been avoiding her all week things would be different. But I wasn’t trying to avoid her. I just needed to think. I needed to know what I was going to do. We see how well all that thinking did me.

            When I took her home last Friday night after the whole dance incident, I couldn’t sleep. I had planned on telling her that night about what I was and how much I loved her. I didn’t want to scare her but I was tired of holding it in. It was hard being around the other pack members when they got to hold their imprints and kiss them and tell them they love them. Call me selfish but I wanted that with Lamia. No one understood how hard I had to control myself not to scoop her up in my arms and kiss her until there no doubt that we were meant to be.

            That whole weekend I couldn’t think about anything but telling her about my secrets. I was afraid that when Monday came around, I would just blurt it all out. I didn’t want to do that. I wanted to be in control when I told Lamia that I could shift into a giant wolf and that she was my imprint who I loved with my whole soul. Every time I practiced what I would say, it just came out wrong.  I even asked some of the others how they told their imprints. Kim was getting frustrated with what she called my “cowardice wolfy butt”. She of course wanted me to tell Lamia sooner rather than later. But the words just weren’t coming out right.

          So when Monday came around, I didn’t go to school. I had made sure that the pack was watching over Lamia while I wasn’t there. I knew that when I didn’t show up Tuesday or Wednesday, Lamia would start asking questions. Jacob told me that she had seemed pretty upset about my absence. Kim even told me Lamia asked where I was a few times. She wasn’t happy about lying to her but she just used our regular excuses of being sick. The distance from Lamia was having as much of an effect on me than it was on her. I felt like all my energy was being sucked out of me at being away from her even though it hadn’t been but a couple days.