Chapter 20

Yay, it's the 20th chapter!!!! I can't believe I got here once again and I wouldn't have been able to without the support of all of you reading this story. I can't tell you how much it means to me. Sorry for the delay and if it seems sort of boring. After a few chapters full of some drama, I wanted to lighten the mood in this one. This chapter is just a cute filler and it will probably be the last one for a while. The drama is coming!! Don't forget to vote and comment!     Enjoy   :)

***********************************************************************************************************

         The sun glaring through my bedroom window caused my body starting to waking up. I could feel the cool sheets beneath my bear arms. Everything was the same except for the new sound that I had become accustomed to waking up to. I smiled to myself before turning over and opening my eyes.

            Embry was laying on his back, snoring loudly. The first night he stayed over, I didn’t get much sleep because of it. Of course I didn’t tell him that but once the others saw how tired I was Monday at school and started teasing me about it, he got the hint. Now though, I actually found the sound calming. It makes me feel warm and happy. Safe.

            It had been weird for me those first few nights that Embry stayed over with me. I tried to talk him out of it but he wouldn’t take no for an answer. He wanted to be here and I did too. I was alert whenever he was over. Now that the whole “parent” lie was told, I had no excuse for keeping him out of the house. The files and pictures remained hidden where they were and every day that goes by, I find myself not freaking out that he’d find them. I was falling out of my job. I knew it and I wasn’t stopping it. That would be my downfall in the coming month.

            Every morning, I would wake up to him being beside me. I couldn’t help but think about what it’d be like if I didn’t have to after the week at school, I got used to his presence being around me all the time. It was a comfort that I wouldn’t trade.

            I blushed at the memory of the first night he stayed the night. I had seen him shirtless plenty of times but there was something intimate about actually sleeping with him in my bed. I actually tried to give him so much space that I was completely on the edge of the bed. But then he pulled me close and held me to his chest until I relaxed enough to go to sleep.

           The sunlight coming in through the glass bathed the visible parts of him in a golden hue.  It’s hard to imagine Embry more handsome than he already is but it never fails that I catch my breath at his appearance on mornings like this. He looked peaceful, relaxed.

            I brought my arms up and laid my head on them, watching him. His hands rested on his chest. They rose up and down with each breath he took. He had been so tired lately. Ever since Jane’s little visit, he has been going on extra patrols. Sam didn’t assign them but Embry asked for them. I think he felt like if he wasn’t out there, then something would slip past their borders. Something could harm me but seeing him so exhausted and on edge was what was hurting me at the moment. I didn’t want him to be so stressed out. I wanted him to be his happy self. If anyone should bear the burden of all this, I should be me. Heck, sometimes at night I sit awake and think about all the things that will be coming. This is my fight. Not Embry’s.

            “You know if you keep your face scrunched up like that it’s going to get stuck,” Embry said in a sleepy voice. Turning his head to the side so he could face me, his lips pulled up in a small smile. I readjusted my face and let out a small laugh, one that sounded almost deafening in the silence of the room.