Chapter 26

Hello, hello all you readers! How have you been doing? I can't complain lol. I hope the wait for this chapter wasn't too long and excruciating but have no fear, here it is! I've got all the chapters planned out and there are probably about four left. Everything is coming to an end but not yet.

Question: I have been getting a lot of requests to do sequels to my stories. Should I and if so, which ones should I do? Let me know!!!

Comment and Vote.                       Thanks bunches!                          Enjoy the chapter :)

*****************************************************************************************************************

Embry’s POV

            Everybody was at the Cullen house in less than ten minutes. I slipped the photo of Lamia and me in the pocket of my shorts. The burnt documents that I could recover lay on the coffee table.

            “What’s all this Embry?” Sam asked. He wasn’t very happy about me calling an emergency meeting without first consulting him first. That would come back to haunt me later I’m sure but I needed to stay focus.

            “Alice had a vision about Lamia being taken by Jane. Am I right?” I asked, directing the question to Alice but also scanning the room to take in everyone’s reactions.

            “You are right,” she replied but the slight hesitation at the end didn’t go unnoticed by me. Neither did the look that both Bella and Edward gave her. Before I could ask what it was about, Leah spoke.

            “So what if she was taken? Rather they kill her than have it on my conscious,” she stated, crossing her over her chest. Murmurs of agreement and disapproval went around the room. My fists slammed on the coffee table which creaked under the force. Silence replaced the murmurs. I took a deep breath before moving my hands away from the table that sported two new dents in it.

            “You won’t speak of her like that,” I said. Surprise flitted across everyone’s faces except for Bella who smiled at me. She remembered our talk too. “When I went to the house to see if what Alice had seen was true, the living room was a mess and Lamia was gone. I know that most of you still have harsh feelings towards her but I’ve grown past them and ask you to help me get her back,” I said.

            The people in the room looked at each other, seeing what the others thought of my sudden revelation. Bella stepped forward and placed her hand on my forearm gently. “You know I’ll help,” she replied. I smiled thankfully at her. I got a chorus of agreements. I turned my eyes on Sam and Leah who had remained quiet.

            “I understand she is your imprint Embry but how can I allow her back here if she has told the Volturi our secrets and endangered the lives of everyone in La Push?” Sam asked his alpha tone evident in his voice.

            I spread my hand over the singed documents. “These papers have information about all of us from what I could tell. I only managed to save a few but I found them in Lamia’s fireplace. Some of the embers were still hot which leads me to believe that she started a fire and was burning the documents when Jane got her,” I replied.

            A wave of curiosity ran through the group as they came closer to examine the documents on the table. “Why would she have done that? That would certainly get her killed,” Esme exclaimed as she held onto Carlisle’s hand.

            “I know that no one likes being lied to. Some see it as a betrayal but I think Lamia saw it as keeping us safe. When we first started dating, she said that she couldn’t tell me everything and now I know why. If she would have told us that she was from the Volturi, how would we have reacted?” I asked looking back and forth between everyone. No one answered me but a spark of understanding could be seen in some of their eyes. “She tried to explain to me but I wouldn’t listen. She came here as a slave but she didn’t give them anything. If I’m correct, then she didn’t even return the files they gave her. She burned it all,” I finished.