Chapter 13

Here you go my lovely readers: Chapter 13!! In this one we get to see Embry tell Lamia his secrets. Let me tell you...you might need a tissue. The ending is a little sad but have no fear! It will all get better. You'll just have to continue reading to find out. Enjoy!!  :)

*************************************************************************************************************

         The weekend went by fairly normal but the next week at school was sort of …weird. Well, as weird as my life of vampires, shape shifters and spying could get. Perhaps weird isn’t the right word because it had nothing to do with the supernatural. Maybe “off” is a better word. Something was off. It all started on Monday.

            It had been a pretty easy day at school. The boys from the dance kept their distance every time I saw them in the hall. I still managed to catch a glimpse of several bruises and cuts on their faces. Some of the pack guys were always around me. I guess Embry had arranged for me to have my own personal body guard. While I could appreciate the thought and the safe feeling it gave me, it didn’t deter from the fact that Embry himself was nowhere to be found. I first noticed it that morning when he didn’t attempt to pick me up to bring me to school. I just wrote it off to him finally getting the hint that I wanted to walk. I even laughed at the idea but then he wasn’t waiting for me at my locker. The longer the day went on, the more concerned I got. He never misses a day.

            I asked the guys about it but none of them would answer me. They just exchanged looks and remained silent. In economics I confronted Kim about it. She acted like she didn’t want to tell me but I had found a way around it. She was easily persuaded. She said that Embry was just sick and had a lot on his mind. She huffed when she said the last part. Obviously she knew what he was having trouble with but I didn’t push for it.

            Tuesday went much like that. Wednesday as well. Embry didn’t show up at school. I couldn’t help but miss his company. His presence made everything calm and warm. Without him there, I felt cold. I didn’t know whether to be nervous that he wasn’t here, worried that he’s in trouble, or upset that he was practically ignoring me. I tried to tell myself that it wasn’t me he was avoiding but something nudged in the back of my mind saying that it was.

            I thought back to Friday night after I had woken up at Sam’s place. Embry said he wanted to tell me something. I’m sure it’s about him and the pack being werewolves. Heck, maybe he was going to explain how the Cullens were vampires too. I had stopped him since I wasn’t really feeling up to playing the whole “Surprise, you’re a shape shifter! I had no idea!” after the night I had had. Even then, I wouldn’t think he needed the whole week to pluck up the courage to try to tell me again. It just didn’t add up.

            So that leads me to today. It is Thursday afternoon and I am walking home from school. Embry didn’t come to school today either. Of all the emotions that had been forming over the last few days of his absence, anger was starting to set in.

            “He thinks he can just ignore me and I’d be fine with it? Well, he is sadly mistaken,” I mumble to myself. I halted in my tracks at my thoughts. Why am I getting so upset? I mean, I would be leaving in a few months after the Volturi thought I had gathered enough information. We could be nothing more. But you want to be more, a small voice in my head said. I huffed and began walking again.

            Of course I wanted to be more. Heck I had already admitted my feelings for him. I even told him that I liked him after he told me how he felt. The kiss he gave me played though my head causing a smile to appear on my face. For a first kiss, it’s hard to judge whether it was great on anyone else’s standards but for me it was amazing. The feelings that every girls talks about having with their first kiss, the fireworks and all that jazz. Then I had to run away from him and ruin it. If I didn’t know any better I would say that was the reason he was avoiding me but we talked about it that night. I thought we were fine.