Chapter 24

Okie dokie here we go my lovely readers: the next chapter!! The next few chapters aren't going to be the happiest but they are essential for the development of the characters and their relationships. So just bare through it and I promise it gets happier. On another note, this chapter will be in Embry's POV and probably shorter than usual. I didn't want to add anything else on in the end because I felt it was important to give Embry his time to vent.

ALSO: Have any of you heard of yareads.com, the website all about young adult novels? Well, I am going to be a guest book reviewer for it! If you're interested, I will let you know the link when it's up.

Don't forget to vote and comment!! (I answer everyone lol)

*************************************************************************************************************

Embry’s POV

       “We can’t just let Jane take her back to be killed,” Alice said crossing her arms across her chest defiantly. A sharp pain ran through me at even hearing that Lamia could be killed. I gripped the arm of the chair I was sitting in tightly, waiting for the pain to subside but it didn’t. It hadn’t since I left the clearing.

        “She was working with the enemy the whole time she was here. Why should we protect her?” Sam asked. I had walked into the Cullen living room to everyone talking at once. I hadn’t said a word and no one said anything to me. They knew to leave me alone.

             “Jane said that she had failed to follow through with the job. What if she didn’t tell or write down anything about us?” Seth retorted. There was truth to his words. Jane had said that and that Lamia would be put on trial for it.

          “Does it matter? She lied to us all and whether she didn’t write anything down or tell those leeches what she found out, she’s still a part of the enemy,” Leah replied. The anger was coming off her in waves. I’m sure Jasper was having a hard time managing all the emotions flowing in this room. Even my own emotions were running rampant and I couldn’t think straight.

           Going into that clearing this evening, I had no idea that it would turn out like it did. I was prepared for Jane to want to try to cause trouble, maybe even try to bring up the fight that we stopped months ago. Never in my wildest imagination would I have ever thought that Lamia, my Mia, would be working with them.

        At first I didn’t believe it. I couldn’t. But when Lamia tried to stop Jane from using her power on me, it started to make since. I had never told her that Jane had a power so she had to have known prior to this meeting. Then when she confirmed it, I felt like my whole world was crumbling down around me. I was angry at myself, at Jane, and at Lamia.

          But soon the anger subsided and it was replaced by an indescribable pain. Everything I had believed for the past two months had been shattered in the matter of minutes. I was surprised that I could breathe, let alone stand from such a blow.

           As much as I was hurt, I still felt the urge to protect Lamia. Her tears and sobs only hurt me worse. But I just couldn’t bring myself to move. I couldn’t will my body to go to her, to hold her, or to tell her that everything would be ok because, honestly, I didn’t know if it would.

            After Jane left, I didn’t know what the Cullens or the rest of the pack would do or say. Some of the things they said were harsh. I could tell that it was slowly starting to break Lamia down. When the Cullens left and Sam told her she was forbidden back on La Push land, I almost lost it. So many things were racing through my mind. My inner turmoil was almost too much to bare. I was second guessing everything.