Chapter 22

Here is the next chapter all my lovely readers!! I'm sorry if the wait was too long. It's Fourth of July next week so maybe if I get enough votes and comments, I'll post the next chapter for the holiday!! I have been pleased with all the comments I've been getting on the chapters. It's because of all of your support that I keep going so thank you. On another note about this chapter, I wasn't completely happy with how it turned out. I feel like I was talkinf in circles a little bit but oh well O_o Sorry if it sucks lol.

Let the drama begin!

****************************************************************************************************************

I could feel the soft cushion of a couch under my body. What had happened? Slowly, my hearing began to come back, allowing me to pick up snippets of the conversation going on around me.

“When is she going to wake up?” a familiar deep voice asked. I wanted to reach out to comfort whoever’s voice this belonged to but my eyelids and limps didn’t seem to want to work for me. I struggled to open my eyes for a few seconds before giving up for the time being and try to refocus on the conversation.

“You already know that she’s immune to all our powers so we can’t estimate it. She’ll wake up in her own time,” I heard a musical girl’s voice respond. Warmth spread over the side of my face. Was someone touching me? Why did that touch feel so…so…right?

I could feel myself regaining consciousness. Slowly but surely, my body was becoming less heavy. My memories of the last few days were coming back. School. My date with Embry. Embry. The deep voice that I wanted to comfort, the warm touch, all of it was Embry. Then I saw red eyes. Jane was coming.

My eyes flew open and I bolted upright on the couch. I was breathing heavy as I looked around. Embry was on the couch beside me, his eyes slightly wide at seeing me awake so sudden. The other pack members and Cullens stood in the room. All eyes were on me. I could feel my eyes beginning to water. Embry inched closer to me. His movements were hesitant as if I would break if he touched me.

“Mia, are you okay?” he asked quietly. I shook my head and looked down from everyone’s gaze. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. Tears were now falling down my face.

“J - Jane is coming. How….how long do we have?” I asked, looking over at Alice. If anyone knew when and where Jane would appear, it would be her.

“Babe, maybe you should relax for a little while. You just woke up after passing out,” Embry said placing a hand on top of my knee, bringing my gaze back to him. I wiped the remaining tears from my face and took a deep breath to stop anymore from coming.

“I’m fine Embry. You guys need to be prepared,” I exclaimed taking his hand in mine and giving it a reassuring squeeze. What I said was true. Alice said that Jane was bringing backup. Knowing her, it’d be all the guards that have some sort of power. The Cullens and La Push pack have beaten the Volturi before but something about this set it apart in my mind.

 I don’t know why Jane is making herself known that she is coming for a visit but it has my nerves set on edge. She had blocked Alice’s visions of her previous visit with me so why not this one? “Alice, how long?” I asked once again.

There was a long pause. I knew they were trying to be cautious around me but I didn’t need that. I needed to know how long we had. “Is someone going to tell me or are we just going to sit here like this isn’t happening?” I snapped, sounding angrier than I intended. I wasn’t angry at anyone in this room. I was angry at myself. I was angry that I was in this situation.