Chapter 10

So first thing, I'd like to thank Xpen7777 and shanniin for their imput on the dress that Lamia should wear to the dance that's why the chapter is dedicated to them. They were all beautiful choices but you can see the one I went with on the side.Once again thank you for the comments. You guys rock!!

Second thing, hopefully I will post the next chapter tonight. At the end of this chapter, it is left in a small cliffhanger. If you want it posted tonight then I would love to hear about it in the comments lol. Maybe if I get enough, I can have it up sooner!

So let me know what you think and I'll letyou know when the next chapter will be posted. Enjoy!!

*****************************************************************************************************************

“Can I see now?” I asked, moving from heel to heel which I fear would be a bad decision but the girls insisted upon. Alice was flitting around me, making sure my hair and makeup was in the proper place. She had been at this for almost two hours and hadn’t let me look at my reflection. She wanted everything perfect before I could even glimpse down at myself. Kim and the other pack imprints sat around the room that Alice had transformed into a salon in order for everyone to get ready for the dance. They were already dolled up and watching me squirm. They all looked very pretty and by the looks on their faces, they all seemed to approve of the dress Alice had made me.

It was Friday afternoon. Alice had convinced all of us to come and get ready at the Cullen house then we’d meet the guys at the school. All the pack girls appeared relaxed but I could see some tension behind their eyes. This was Cullen territory after all and the boys aren’t here to protect them if the need arises. I on the other hand was stiff the whole time. Not only was I behind enemy lines but I found myself enjoying the company of all the girls.

             Alice finally spun me around to look in the full length mirror that she placed against the wall. I was nervous to look but once I brought my eyes up, I was left speechless. In the reflection of the mirror, there stood a girl that I didn’t recognize as myself at first. My hair was curled nicely and framed my face.  Alice had done light makeup but still managed to make me look flawless and my eyes pop. The beading of the top of my dress sparkled in the dim lighting of the room and the blue tulle material floated away from my body. It was shorter than I had ever worn but I tried to not let Alice see how self-conscious that made me. She did make the dress and I didn’t want her to think I didn’t like it. In fact, I loved it. It was the nicest thing anybody has ever given me, let alone made for me.

             “Alice you really shouldn’t have done this,” I said barely above a whisper, still mesmerized by what she had accomplished.

               “You look beautiful,” Kim spoke, awe in her voice. The other girls nodded in approval. Even Bella and Rosalie shot me a smile. They weren’t going to the dance that night for their different reasons.

              “Beautiful? How about stunning,” Alice exclaimed, clapping her hands together like a little child getting a gift. Her eyes sparkled with excitement at her creation. She looked great in a purple dress of her on creation as well. She and Jasper would be the only Cullen members attending tonight’s dance.

                Embry’s not going to know what hit him,” Kim laughed and shared a look with the other imprints. They had been doing that lately like there was an inside joke and I was out of the loop. I just smiled and shook my head at them before turning back to the mirror. I hadn’t told anyone about my feelings. I only just accepted them myself but I had to be careful. If I were to fall for Embry, it would only crush him more when I left and I feared that I would never be the same either. As much as I tried not to, I found myself hoping that Embry would be impressed. I hoped he thought I looked good. Really it was only his opinion that I was interested to hear.