Chapter 17

Hello, hello all you readers! I hope you are all having a great week. Maybe this latest upload will make it even better. The chapter does sort of end in a cliffhanger to leave you all in suspense. Don't forget to let me know what you think and vote! As always: enjoy!!

**********************************************************************************************************

           “Are you sure everything is going to be okay? I mean I understand if everyone is mad at me for what I did last Thursday, especially hurting you. And I totally deserve it –,” I rambled holding onto Embry’s hand as he pulled out of my driveway and turned the car toward school.

            “How many times have I told you?  They won’t be mad. They know that it can be overwhelming learning all the pack secrets. Relax Mia,” he said. All last night, he had been trying to talk me down. After breakfast with his mom, we went to explore more of La Push since I hadn’t seen much of it besides the beach and Sam’s house. I had spent the whole day with him and I had never been so comfortable with another person in my whole life. It was a strange but exhilarating experience to know that a guy loves you so much and tells you so.

            “You’re right. They shouldn’t be too upset seeing as we are together I guess,” I replied looking out the window. The weather was actually pretty nice out. It wasn’t raining but the sun was still behind the ever present clouds.

            “What do you mean I guess?” Embry asked stealing glances at me as he drove. I had been avoiding bringing up the fact that he hadn’t officially asked me to be his “girlfriend”. I understand it comes with the territory since I am his imprint slash soul mate. Why wouldn’t we consider ourselves boyfriend and girlfriend? But when I was younger, before all the kidnapping and bitterness, I always dreamed of the whole dating thing. A guy asking me out and all. It’s silly really but I just couldn’t shake the idea.

            “It’s stupid. You just hadn’t asked me to be your girlfriend and I know that I’m your imprint but it’s something that I thought about when I was younger. I know we are together. Just forget I said anything,” I mumbled training my eyes on our entwined hands. His hand was so much bigger than mine and the tan color looked nice and warm compared to the pale whiteness of my own. They mixed well together.

            Embry pulled into the school parking lot and parked in his regular spot. I cut the car off and turned his body to face me. “Lamia, look at me,” he said softly. I didn’t want to because I felt embarrassed about the whole ‘ask-me-to-be-your-girlfriend’ but something in his voice made me lift my eyes to meet his. He had a small smile on his face and looked at me with such care. “It’s not stupid. I love you and even though you are my imprint, I want our relationship to be as normal as possible. If you want me to ask you to be my girlfriend, then I will. So, Lamia, will you be my girlfriend?” he asked.

            I couldn’t help the giggle that escaped from my lips at how perfect of a boyfriend he was. He made me forget all about my second life and the duties that I’m bound to do. It’s not a good thing but I appreciated the feelings of normalcy it brought me.

            “I would be honored,” I replied. He lifted our connected hands and placed a kiss on the back of my hand. My heart never failed to flutter at the feel of his touch. I turned my head and searched the parking lot. I spotted our friends a couple of cars down and I could see them looking at the car waiting for us to emerge. I sighed not wanting to leave this moment but knowing that I must. “I guess we better go,” I said pulling my focus back to Embry. He nodded then let go of my hand so that we could get out of the car.