Chapter 29

Well readers here is another chapter. The next one will be the epilogue!! I can't believe it. This is all about Lamia and Embry coming back together. I hope you like it as much as I liked writing it. Vote and comment!! Enjoy  :)

P.S. - if you are reading this and haven't voted for a sequel to one of my stories than go do so! It's under FAN VOTE on my profile and I'm giving you guys the chance to have some say. Thanks!

********************************************************************************************************

Embry’s POV

            “This is ridiculous,” I yelled loudly, my pacing wearing a hole in Emily’s wooden floor. None of my other pack members flinched as they sat around the small house. I had been doing the same thing for the past few hours now so they were used to it. Paul was even asleep.

            “Sam will return soon,” Emily said placing another plate of muffins on the kitchen table which got everyone’s attention except for mine. I didn’t know how much longer I could just stay here waiting.

I’ve been waiting for what seems like eternity now. Ever since Carlisle, Jasper, Alice, and Edward left to go to Italy, I couldn’t do anything but pace back and forth. I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t eat. That was probably the worst part. Waiting to hear news of whether Lamia was alive or not. I almost had a heart attack when the phone finally rang and Edward told me that they got her.

I thought that as soon as they landed, I would get to see her but that didn’t happen. Because she was in Forks and Sam had banded her from our lands, then we had to remain here. He was going to the Cullen house to hear what she had to say. I begged him to let me go but he wouldn’t budge. He even commanded me to not leave his house so I wouldn’t try to go anyway.

So now, here I am in the same spot I’ve been in ever since Sam walked out the door. At first, some of the pack tried to get me too relax but after I snapped at one of them, they left me alone. They don’t understand the anxiety that’s coursing through me at the moment. How could they? None of them had their imprint a few miles away and was forbidden to go see her. It was torture just waiting. Always waiting.

“Dude, you’ve been at it for ours now. Give it a rest,” Quil said, stuffing a piece of muffin into his mouth. I hit him in the back of the head as I passed, making him choke and cough.

“I’ll give it a rest once Sam gets back,” I replied glancing at the front door and then the clock that hung on the wall. In my pocket, I could feel the light weight of the picture from Lamia’s house where it still remained. I had looked at it for the past few days, imagining being able to see her again. To bring that smile that was on her face in the picture back to the present. But I also worried that that would never happen. What if she didn’t want to see me after all the horrible things I had said to her? Would she be able to forgive me for not saying that I loved her back in the clearing? Should she?

Jacob sat in the arm chair across the room that faced the kitchen area. He looked at me with slight worry. He has been one of my best and longest friends. It was easy to understand that after everything that had happened, the depression, the anxiety, the sleepless nights, and the forgotten meals, that he would worry about me. He wanted everything to be resolved just as much as I did.

The sound of feet hitting the porch steps reached my ears and I turned toward the door. Everyone sat at attention  and Leah kicked Paul awake. Sam strolled in with a small smile on his face. I immediately bolted to his side.

“Did you see her? How is she? Is she hurt? I swear I will swim to Volterra and kill the Volturi if they hurt her,” I exclaimed. Sam placed a hand on my shoulder to calm me but it did little to settle the pounding of my heart.