Chapter 8 - 공연 (GONG-YEON)[Performance]

A week has finally gone by and now I could start dancing! The choreographers already sent me the dance moves through a video yesterday and I've been reviewing the video for a while now. So far it's just been bugging me in a way. It was too simple. Too plain and generic to fit with this song. I was only going to be walking every time I sing. The least they could do is add some sick hair flips or spins. I've been practicing for the last hour and my muscles are already feel stiff.

"Hey you're doing great! Just remember to keep your head up, don't stare are your feet. You chose to make the dance a little more advanced, so you better make this work."

The words of my tutor were on repeat, every little mistake allowed for some learning experience. Some lost hope, seeing that my planned choreography was too extensive to learn in only three days. But that didn't stop me from trying. I went to the speaker and tapped the replay button on my phone. I stood in my stance, which was me facing away from the audience, casually walking away for a few feet until the slow beginning started.

Naneun geugeos-i oneun geos-eul

Gyeolko boji anh-assda,

Geugeos-eun gichacheoleom na-ege

Tagyeog-eul gahaessda

(I never saw it coming, it hit me like a train)

I spun around, flipping my hair and pumping out my chest, emphasizing the movement with my both my hands. Then I turned to my right, stretching out my arm to the ceiling and shakily bringing it back down to my chest with the beat before slinging it to my left.

geudeul-i naleul boass-eul

ttae nun-i banjjag-yeossda

(The eyes sparkled as they looked upon me)

I did a few spins to the left, alternating feet as I stopped and covered my eyes. I slowly kneeling down to find myself in a kneeling position.

geu ttaebuteo nae

insaeng-i bakkwieossda.

(From then on my whole life changed)

I shot up, spinning both my hands by my chest quickly to make them blur in the mirror. I pumped my chest again, using it a momentum to bring me closer to the mirror by a foot. My gaze looked away from the mirror as the music halted for only a second. It started once again, I turned my head to the right to resemble a slap across the cheek.

nae salang-eun seongjanghago seongjanghaessda.

(My love grew and grew)

nae mujoega nal-a gassda

(My innocence blew away)

nae salang-eun seongjanghago seongjanghaessda.

(My love grew and grew)

nae mujoega nal-a gassda

(My innocence blew away)

I slowly and causally spun around on my toes, as if I was starting a ballad as the beat became quieter and quieter until the chorus started, releasing a swell of sound.

modu changed

(Everything changed)

johdeun nappeu deun