Chapter 58 - 희생자 (HUI-SAENG-JA) [Underdog]

Roxi P.O.V

It's about time I had a day off. Weeks had passed and Namjoon and I's promotions have ended. Now the two of us have more freetime. I found it weird though, it's my week off but I still feel so drained. My dogs were huddling around me as I flipped through TV channels, a bored expression on my face.

'Maybe I should do some shopping.'

I shrug and put on an oversized pastel pink sweater, a white skirt, and some white vans. It was brighter than what I would usually wear but I was just going shopping wasn't I? I walked out the door to nearly bump chest to chest with the person infront of me. My black glasses slightly tilted with my sudden pause and I looked up to see Jin looking down at me in surprise. His ears suddenly turned red as he sheepishly rubbed his neck.

"Ah, sorry Roxi-ah!"he chuckled, slightly bowing his head."I didn't see you there."

"It's alright."I say awkwardly,"So where were you heading off to in such a rush?"

"I need to go grocery shopping today, the others are practicing or in studios. I just finished helping Jungkook out with some vocals and now he's just playing some Overwatch."Jin says, shaking his head."Those kids. How about you?"

"I was actually planning on going grocery shopping too."I say, pressing the ground floor button on the elevator.

We were silent for a few seconds before Jin spoke up with a shaky voice,"Do you...maybe...wanna go shopping with me?"

I smile and nod,"Sure, I'd love to."

He blushes a tint of red and smiles to himself, his hands being brough up to his chest to form two small claps. I giggle at his flusteredness, it wasn't a date or anything yet he seemed so pleased with himself. We exit the elevator and after exchanging a few words back and forth I finally let him drive in the company car.

"So Roxi-ah, how's work been?"

"Mmm, you know, same old basically. How about you Jin?"

"PD-nim is making us work even harder now that you and Namjoon finished promotions."he groaned,"Ah we barely have any rest anymore."

"Be careful he may have a mic in this car, you never know."I point out, laughing out loud when his eyes widen childishly and he starts to drum against the wheel.

"Really?! Ya! PD-nim, why are you making us work so hard?!"he called to the nonexistant mic with a joking laugh.

We parked infront of a supermarket and began buying some food together. He seemed very childish and random, but when he noticed he was gaining some attention he would stop what he was doing and begin looking at food labels nonchalantly. We quickly left before anyone realized who we were and hurried into the car. Jin and I laughed as we drove down the street.

"Even the little kids thought you were weird!"I laugh.

"You should've warned me that they were watching before I started stacking those apples!"he quipped, his face turning a bright red as his eyes disappeared into a smile.

Jin's smile seemed to light up the entire car. It nearly made me wonder why I didn't hangout with him often. That was when that drunken night started popping back up into my head. It was my fault we couldn't feel comfortable in the beginning. If I wasn't so naive none of this would've happened. Thankfully, Jin didn't notice my slight change in composure and helped bring in the bags of food up to our floor. I helped him put away the Bangtan groceries first before he came into my dorm to help with mine.

"Hmm, there's not enough food in here."Jin hummed, looking at the bottles of energy drinks and fruit smoothies."It's all drinks."

"Oh yeah..."I chuckle, placing the last bag of dog food in my pantry."My manager says it's easier to digest. She says I have to lose some weight for my next solo comback."