Chapter 33 - 작업 (JAG-EOB)[Work]

~Back in Korea~~1 Week Later~

"Zane-kun what do you think I should do?"I ask my white collared puppy as I sat on my couch back at my own dorm."I feel like I'm ruining everyone's relationships."

Zane just looked at me for a few seconds before hopping out of my arms and into my room. I sigh and lay down on my couch to face the lower moon, signalling it was nearly time for me to go to the building to record a new song. For some reason, everytime I went to the company building I would only run into Jungkook, Tae, Hoseok, and Jin. The other three; Yoongi, Namjoon, and Jimin; were nowhere in sight. Jungkook would tell me that his hyungs would be busy with promotions, Tae would tell me they're sleeping at the dorm, Hoseok would say they were out with their families, and Jin would say that they were at the practice room. I didn't know who to believe, I never ran into them, and that just strengthened my fears of them pulling away from me. As the answers contradicted, my thoughts did as well. Was this right? It might've been best for them to take a break from me. At the same time, avoiding someone doesn't make any matters better, if anything avoiding a problem just allows it to creep back up and surprise you. I got up and brushed off my heavy purple hoodie and black leggings to get rid of invisible dust as I made sure everything was set so I could leave. With that I slipped on some black platforms and headed out the door and toward the elevator, hoping that no one would come in along with me as I thought. Just when the doors were about to close, a hand popped through the thin opening, allowing for someone to enter the elevator.

"Good morning noona."smiled Jungkook, still barefaced from waking up so early in the morning.

"Good morning Kookie."I smile back, allowing for the doors to close."What's gotten you up so early?"

"Jimin-hyung invited me to come and practice with him this morning, but he left our dorm quite early. I don't understand him."he chuckles, shaking his head."You?"

"I have to record my new song today. I don't know how long this session is going to take since I was just contemplating yesterday."I say."...So...are your hyungs doing alright?"

Jungkook was silent for a few seconds before rubbing the inside of his cheek with his tongue and ticking his head to the side."I don't get what's happening between the hyungs. They've been at each other's throats for the past few days. Especially Yoongi-hyung and Namjoon-hyung. J-hobi-hyung and Taehyung-ah seem to be in high spirits while Jin-hyung's been thinking a lot by himself in his room. I'm worried for them."

I looked down and felt the resurgence of guilt forming in the pit of my stomach once more."What about Jiminie-oppa?"

"Ah...he seems to be alright. He's been practicing more than usual though."he answers."How're you gonna get to the building?"

"I was planning on taking the car there, wanna come with?"I ask, walking out of the elevator.

"Sure, I don't see why not."Jungkook shrugs.

We get into the black window tinted company car, Jungkook in the passenger seat while I was in the driver's seat. Jungkook covered his face with a face mask just so saesangs waiting at the entrance would not harm us. I started up the car and we left the dorm parking lot.

"...Jimin-hyung hasn't slept for at least two days...I'm worried."blurted Jungkook as we stopped at the first stoplight."...It might be because of me."

I sighed and shook my head."Kookie, I don't think you're the cause of this. I am."

"What do you mean?"asked Jungkook, turning toward me as I focused on driving."Did you do something to him?"

"...You can keep a secret right?"I whisper, even knowing in the back of my mind the only people in the car were Jungkook and I.

Jungkook nodded and turned a bit to face me, the sound of his seat belt extending reached my ears and I looked to the side to make eye contact with him every now and then."Okay, so the truth is. Jimin confessed to me back in Japan while we shared a hotel room, I mean I could tell he was truthful and when I rejected him...he just became a bit distant. I would go up and talk to him, I really would, but he needs space. I just don't know for how long."

We reached the parking lot of the building after passing through security, the maknae looked thoughtfully out into the morning haze, his brown eyes critically followed every movement."Why did you reject Jimin-hyung?"

He was still looking at me seriously while I turned off the car and placed my head against the headrest. I should've known he would start asking questions, sure he was younger than me, but he still had the right to hear what I needed to say out of pure curiousity. I cleared my throat and met his gaze hesitantly.

"I just...I didn't want to burden him. Jimin's career has been taking off, as well as mine. I don't want to drag him down with our relationship knowing that neither of us would be able to see each other. That and...I don't want to cause any problems between the others and Jimin. I haven't even gotten to know him that well either."

Jungkook P.O.V

'I knew it.'

Roxi has been stressed lately, heck everyone has been stressed. And she thinks being with Jimin would just cause more stress. A burden? She's far from a burden, the only burden is her doubt of love when it comes to confessions. I know none of us have time, but I sure do know that Jimin has the motivation to keep a relationship sturdier than stone. But that brings up thoughts in my mind as I thought of Roxi being with anyone. I would support her and Jimin if they became a couple, I really would. But...there's that feeling of jealousy that's always there whenever I think of them. If she chooses anyone, I wouldn't feel offended or indifferent if she chose me. I am the best man after all.

"Noona. You're not a burden. You're just not confident enough. I think you should be with Jiminie-hyung if you like him back. And problems with my hyungs? Why would you being with Jiminie-hyung cause problems?"I retort, trying to show her my thoughts on the subject, until my mind suddenly cleared."...Wait...did something happen between the other members as well?"

Roxi looked away from me and sighed, her hands shaking as she rubbed her temples."I guess you can say that."

"Which ones? What did they do? What did you do?"

Soon enough, I broke her. Roxi spilled everything. Everything about Namjoon-hyung, Jin-hyung, Yoongi-hyung, and Jiminie. My eyes widened as she explained many scenarios that I wasn't aware of. And here I am, believing that Jiminie and I were the only ones who were competing for her heart. Now, now this was a whole different story. Now, I realized that I was lagging behind my hyungs. I was losing for once.

"Why didn't you tell me any of this sooner?"I asked, my final question.

"I didn't want to worry you."was all she said before reaching for the car handle."I'm running bit late, we have to head insid-"

Roxi P.O.V

Just as I was about to leave the car ,my hand reached for the exit just before Jungkook placed his hand on my right shoulder and firmly pushed me back into my seat, his expression blazing and fierce. I looked through the tinted windows to see if anyone was around to misinterpret the situation, glad that there weren't any fans in sight.

"Jungkook. Can I leave now?"I ask calmly, getting my leg ready to kick him if he went too far.

"Not until you hear me out."he says, releasing my shoulder and shaking his head."Look I like you. I don't know if you haven't realized it but I really do. At least I think so, but Jimin-hyung does too. And I just found out half of my hyungs like you too. So I'm here just...This is too confusing to explain into words."

I raised my brow and shook my head."So you're saying you like me too?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying."he states,"I knew Jiminie-hyung confessed to you, I know you rejected him, but I just wanted to know the full story. So now, I'm not afraid to tell you that I like you."

I sighed and lightly shoved him back into his passenger seat before taking all my stress out my punching the horn of the car with a swear."Jungkookie. Just...Look. I like you, as a friend. I trust you. To be honest, I would date Jimin. But for some reason, there's always something...holding me back. Honestly, this is the worst time for me to worry about stuff like this. So please, just move on from me. There are way prettier, smarter girls out there who would do anything for you for the littlest thing in return. I'm not one of those girls."

I open the door and slam it closed behind me while heading to the building, hopefully I could be able to forget about all of this while I work. Just as I headed to my recording booth, I looked at the end of the hallway to see Namjoon, entering the same booth I would be working in, while still oblivious to the fact I had seen him.

'You have to be kidding me.'