Chapter 61 - 종료 (JONG-RYO)[End]

Roxi P.O.V

"You know I love you right? I love you more than anything in the world. I'll always remember you, even though we never had much memories together to begin with. I saw you as an event that held me back in life. I wondered how it would feel if you never existed. I wished I could forget about you, and start anew and happy. But now...now I just miss you. I miss you so much, I loathed you with the entirety of my heart. Because you made me this way ever since I was born. But you always come back to trigger my feelings every time I think of what could've been. If you were standing by my side, if you were calling me through the phone saying your sweet messages with so much care that I would break down into tears, if you could hold me in your arms and treat me like I was the most special person in the world. I imagine it all. I see many people around me treating their own family disrespectfully, taking them for granted like they're nothing but dirt on the ground underneath their feet. Then, I think of you. Would you really be as perfect as I imagined you would be? Would you be as caring as the people in the movies? Would you dry the infinite amount of tears running down my eyes? Or would you give up...and leave me to fend for myself...That's right. You can't answer me now...it's too late for that. I just...if it weren't for you I wouldn't be able to be who I am today. And for that, I'm grateful. I've learned to love myself and others around me, and in turn that's taught me how to accept others...including you. I won't deny that I still think about you, or that I regret things I couldn't affect directly, or that I miss you. Because I know, that where ever you are, you're still in my heart. Taking care of me and showing me your eternal love...Thank you."

I place the flowers on the green grass and bow. The sound of cars speeding past in a nearby highway next to the cemetery was drowned out by the strong gust of wind that blew past my form. The planes flew past clouds above me in the bright blue sky, and the beating of my heart made my ears pound. Even though the tears crawled down my cheeks and my breathing was harsh, I couldn't help but feel fulfilled. It was like I finally accomplished something when in reality, I just forced myself to ignore my suffering. 

"I'll never forget you. Mom, dad, brother...I love you."

And just like that it was time to catch my flight, and say goodbye to my past for good.

It's the end of this story.

But the beginning to another.

That's just how life is, and I have to live with it until my final chapter.