Chapter 45 - 마음 (MA-EUM) [Mind]

Jungkook P.O.V

'Damn I messed up.'

The slam of the front door knocked me into my senses. Realizing what I had just done, my heart clenched ever so painfully. I don't understand. Why would Roxi think this was some sort of phase? Haven't I shown my feelings in any way I could? My lips part, releasing a frusterated sigh. 

'I shouldn't have pushed myself onto her like that.'

"That was a dumb move don't you think?"

"Shut up Taehyung-ah."

Taehyung walks out of his room, his door slightly open from what happened."You should've just stayed in your room or something Kookie-ah. I don't think that was the right approach."

"Whatever."I grunt, entering his room and splaying myself over his bed in surrender."I mean, if I didn't tell noona now when would I ever get the chance?"

"I'm just saying, if you were going to confess to her like that you would seem a bit desperate don't ya think?"Taehyung chuckled, a smirk playing on his lips as he shoves me to one side of the bed to make space for himself."It's good to be forward, but you have to know the border between blunt and clingy."

"You've never even asked a girl out, how should I even take your advice to heart?"I quipped.

"Yeah, neither have you though."he fires back."Remember who's the actor in this situation."

"Sure whatever you say."I roll my eyes."It's not like you're going to ask a girl out anyway."

Taehyung paused and licked his lips,"Yeah that's true."

"Sorry did I hurt your pride hyung?"I ask, feeling just enough guilt to ask.

"No, I have no pride left after living with you."he chuckles, throwing a pillow at my face while I laugh at his actions."At least you've learned something about girls today."

"Yeah..."I mumble, staring up at his blank ceiling."But that doesn't mean I'm giving up on her that easily."

"You've learned nothing have you?"he clicks his tongue and fiddles with his phone."You know, I've always wanted to ask you something."

"Shot."

"Why do you like Roxi-ah that much? Isn't it alright just being her friend?"Taehyung asks, scrolling through Twitter unphased.

"Why do you wanna know?"I ask."Isn't not like you like her."

"It's not a crime to be curious right?"Taehyung huffs, puffing out his cheeks as he thought."Look, I know you might not be open with these things when it comes to talking to me. You usually talk to Jiminie because he listens better, maybe even gives better advice than me-"

"He does give better advice than you."I broke in, making my hyung scowl at me playfully.

"That's besides the point. I'm just saying, you should put some trust in me. Vent out your problems every now and then."

"Fine."I sigh."I'll tell you."

Taehyung sits up and crosses his legs, looking excited to hear my feelings toward our neighbor. But something was off, I just couldn't point it out. I quickly arrange my thoughts to prevent myself from blabbering.

"At first, I thought she was really cool. Like when those bad people in the lobby were holding us up and she came in and beat them up. I've never seen a girl do something like that. I wanted to get to know her better so we hung out and I learned more about her. The more she told me about herself, the more I respected her. Noona is very special and I wanted to be the closest one to her."I straighten my lips out as I spoke, trying to say what I mean without saying too much."When we went to Japan for that awards show, I wanted to spend time with her but it seemed impossible with the others always around her. It was like I was just in the background the entire time. She was rooming with Jiminie...I don't know how to explain the feeling I had when I would see the two of them getting closer. I wasn't entirely jealous, but I wasn't happy either."

"You're emotions are confusing."Taehyung points out, making me brighten up a bit.

"Yeah. But the thing was, when I brought noona to her room...Jiminie was there. He asked me if I liked noona and of course I said 'yes'. She's a nice noona to have around. She takes care of me. But he asked me if I love her. I guess in the spur of the moment I asked him the same question."Taehyung bit his lips and sighed before I continued."Jiminie said he loved her. And then, I told him if he loves her then he should tell her that. Before it's too late. I want him to be happy, but I questioned myself right after. I want Jiminie to be happy but I just wouldn't be satisfied knowing noona was with someone else. I want her to be mine. Then I found out everyone else had feelings for her. I guess it sparked my competitiveness. I wanted her to be mine knowing everyone else was trying to do the same thing. The more I think of it, the more sick I feel. We're treating her like some game."

"So why don't you stop?"Taehyung asks."Why don't you just settle for being her friend? Knowing that you're doing this to her."

"You don't get it. I don't know what my hyungs are doing, if they're playing a part in this game or not. I'm not here to say that I want noona to accept my love so I can beat my hyungs like this is some stupid game, I'm here to say that I want noona to accept my feelings because I love her. I love her for who she is. I love her so much my heart hurts when I think about her. I don't want her to think I'm just some kid with raging hormones that would do anything for some random pretty girl. I want her to think of me as an adult, who really does love her."throughout my whole explanation, a flustered smile was on my face."She makes me so happy and bubbly inside. I want to hug her everytime I see her."

"...You really do love her."Taehyung murmers.

"Yeah..."I chuckle."I really do. It's almost embarrassing to say so much about her. It's even more embarrassing knowing that I'm only scratching the surface of how she makes me feel."

"Hey. Kookie."Taehyung blurts, making me snap away from my fanboy daydreams."If...let's say, one of our hyungs does end up with Roxi-ah...how would you feel?"

"Me? Well...I mean, of course I'll support my hyungs no matter what. I'll be happy for both my hyung and noona. All I want to do is know that I tried my best."I beamed confidently.

"That's good to know Kookie."Taehyung smiles, patting my head."I'm glad we raised you right."

"I have the best hyungs after all don't I."I gushed.

"Right!"he replies.

I smile and laugh, Taehyung is such a nice hyung.

'If only he could tell me what's going on in his own mind.'

??? P.O.V

I overheard my dongsaengs talking in Taetae's dorm. Hearing them talk about their own problems and sorting them out themselves makes me so glad. Yet something still lurked in the back of my mind.

'Jungkookie said it was like he was just in the background during our trip to Japan. I wonder how he must feel now.'

Just as I finished putting away the groceries my phone started ringing.

"Yah Jin-hyungie."

"Yes Yoongi-ah?"I say through the speaker.

"We need your help with putting up some curtains in Roxi's room."

"Why? Don't you know how to set curtains up."I ask, looking over the organized cabinets to see if I had forgotten anything.

"Just get over here please."

"Not until you tell me why you need my help."I pout."No need to be so cold."

"Tsk honestly. What do you want me to say? My arms are too damn short to place the rod in the brackets and Roxi won't let me fucking stand on a damn chair because she's worried I'd fall off so get your ass over here!"he cursed, causing me to laugh as I imagine his red face at this moment."Please."

"Alright! Jin-hyungie is coming over there right now!"I cooed, hearing Yoongi sigh.

"Thanks hyung."

"Don't mention it Yoongi-ah."