I'm sorry!

Chapter 17

*A week later*

Evelyn: Come on Eddie, put your shoes on. Where going to Harry's place!

Eddie : No! I don’t wanna put mah shoes on, you do it!

But when I was about to take his foot and help him, he just screamed that he wanted to do it on his own.

When we were done arguing, I sat him in the back seat of my car. He of course did argue about putting him in the back seat. He was in a argue mood mostly of the time. But I think he’s just confused… Because he have seen pictures of his dad, and when we meet Harry on the street he saw that they looked exactly the same. That night he asked me if it was his dad. I didn’t really answer the question and I regret it. But I just don’t know what to say. Therefore I think Edward argues with me because his angry with me.

The car ride didn’t last for a long time. I parked my car near the entrance, but not as near as Eddie wanted…

Eddie: Why did yo park here? You can park there, not here!

 Evelyn: Edward, it’s enough! Stop fighting with me all the time! I know that you’re mad at me because I’m not that parent you wish you would have! And I’m pretty sure that you’re mad at me because you don’t have a daddy too! But it’s not my fault! Don’t you think that I have enough of feeling guilt because he’s not here and can raise you with me, like a perfect family?

I started to tear up. It didn’t just feel like I had the whole world against me now, I even had my own son against me. I leaned my head against the window of the car and started sobbing quietly, so Eddie  wouldn’t hear me. Because in his eyes I wanted to be the strong mommy that he always had known, but I’m not as strong as he actually think. Then I felt a small hand running slowly through my hair. I looked up and saw that he had crawled his way to the passage seat and looked worriedly at me.

Eddie: I’m sorry mommy…

He was about to cry too, he actually looked sorry. I took his small hand in my bigger ones and lifted him to my lap. I kissed him softly on his forehead and he took his free hand to wipe my tears away. Then he kissed me on my cheek.

Evelyn: I love you so much, I hope you know that.

He nodded.

Eddie: I love you too.