You're awake

Chapter 26

The next thing I know is that I’m lying in a bed, and the smell of the sheets makes me feel sick. I opened my eyes and looked around in the room. I saw Edward sleeping beside me and Adam sleeping on a chair, not far away from my bed. My hand was plastered and the cut on my arm had a bandage, and I bet I had stitches to hold my skin together. I couldn’t see my leg because the sheets were in the way. I looked back at William. He laid on my right side between my arm and body. I could see that he had cried much, because his eyelids were red and swollen.

Adam: Finally, you’re awake!

I jumped a bit in my bed. And that made Eddie almost wake up from his sleep. But before he woke up, I started to sing a song and stroke him over his cheek. Then he went back to a deep sleep. I didn’t want to have a full volume voice, because I was afraid to wake him up, so I whispered in respond.

Evelyn: You scared me!

Adam: Sorry, what happened at your apartment exactly?

Evelyn: Didn’t you see him?

Adam: Who?

Evelyn: My… boyfriend…

Adam: There was no one there except you and Edward… How did you get your cuts?

Evelyn: You’re not going to believe me anyway…

Adam: You can always try to make me believe.

I sighed slowly, then I told him about how Harry have broke my hand till he cutted me. And how his eyes went from green to grey. But why did he do that to me? He would never hurt me, because he loved me, right? And why did he turn to a killing monster? Would he have gone so far that he would hurt Edward too? A million questions were flying around in my head. I didn’t know how to feel, what I was supposed to do or where I should go. I’m just so fucking confused right now! (Sorry for my language) I wanted to scream and cry, I wanted to go and punch someone and I wanted to just forget everything and start over. But life isn’t that easy.

Evelyn: When can I leave this prison? Oh I mean hospital…

Adam laughed quietly, and then he looked me in the eyes. He came closer to me and I could feel his warm, mint scent breath against my face. He pressed his lips against mine and kissed me. I don’t know why, but I kissed him back. I didn’t want to kiss him, or yes I did… NO! Of course not after so much had happened to me! But why does it feel so great to kiss him, while it doesn’t?

Adam pulled back and was about to say something.

Adam: I can go and check when you can leave.