Chapter 37 THE LAST CHAPTER

Chapter 37

The therapist I had was really good. He took the time and listened of what I had to say. He was patience and he understood me. I even told him about what happened that day an after I told him that, there was a long silence. In that silence I realized that the door was still open after Eddie had walked out of the room.

Evelyn: I’m not crazy.

Therapist: I know you’re not.

I was a bit shocked what he was saying but quickly shrugged it off. I bet it just was a thing that therapists say to win their patience trust.

Evelyn: The last years have been really confusing and weird, Dr.

Therapist: Please call me Evan, and why do you think so?

Evelyn: You know, Evan… a lot of things have happened. Like I met Harry at 16 and we got together. Four months later he died and four months after that I knew I was pregnant with Eddie. Four years later Harry came back to life. After 5 months Harry started to act weird and broke my hand and cut me. Some days after that I landed in a coma because of the blood loss that Adam caused me and Harry went up to heaven again. Five years later I woke up from my coma and have to be in a mental hospital just because I told the truth about what happened…I’m now 25 and everything bad have seemed to happen at once. Well, not having Eddie though, he’s not a bad thing.

I smiled at the memory of having Eddie in my arms for the first time as I looked out of the window. I saw Eddie crossing the street to buy some ice cream. It seems like it was hard to convince my mum. One thing I didn’t like though, was that he walked all alone. No adult to watch him. I held my eyes on Eddie as I tried to listen to what Evan said. In the corner of my eye I saw that a car was coming dangerously fast at Eddie’s way.

Evelyn: Eddie, watch your steps!

Eddie heard me and stopped in the middle of the road. He looked up at me, smiled and waved at me.

Evelyn: No Eddie, get out of the way!

But it was already too late. The car hit Eddie and he flew feet away from where he got hit.