Why do they keep making me do things I don't want to do!

Chapter 28

*Couple of days later*

Harry had disappeared since the day he hurted me. I had sex with Adam, who I really don’t know at all. And now where together… It’s weird and crazy that your life can take such a fast turn. From a happy and perfect family to a broken one. Edward seemed terrified and he was mostly quiet. He also had a lot nightmares. I just wished that this wouldn’t happen. I just want to wake up and realize that this was just a dream, or run into the wall to see if it was. Thoughts like this pop up in my head every time I was taking a walk on my own. I usually making life decisions when I walk, but now it’s a bit uncomfortable. Because I only think about those thing that I hope isn’t true. But when I think about it once more it just make me think that this is really happening. And I hate it. I don’t want this future for my child, or myself. I just wanted to have the perfect boyfriend, get children, have my perfect wedding and grow old with the people I love. But life isn’t that easy.

Suddenly I realize that I was walking at the area where I lived with Harry, before I was staying at Adam’s place. I still had the keys to the apartment. I started to walk slowly to the door. I pulled out my keys and unlocked the door. Is it still blood on the kitchen floor? Are the vegetables still on the chopping board? Is the knife still there? I felt my heart pounding hard and fast. I was scared. But for what? Harry wouldn’t be here, so I don’t need to worry. I stepped into the hall and walked to the kitchen. The knife Harry had used to cut me layed on the floor, the vegetables were still on the chopping board. But the blood was gone. It just had lines from where it had floated. Someone didn’t wash the floor proper. I bent down on my knees and took the knife and laid it in the sink. Then I brushed the old vegetables in the rubbish bin and washed the floor till the dark red bloodlines were gone. After I finished, I took a look in the rest of the apartment. Everything was normal. No one here. Everything was so quiet, too quiet. Suddenly I heard a crack. It sounded exactly like Trevor’s knees when he bent down on his knees. Is he here! Oh gosh, I knew it was a bad idea to go back!

I soon felt hands around my cheeks and lips pressed against mine. I forgot everything for a moment and kissed the stranger back. This lips felt very familiar and the perfume too. I shoot my eyes open and saw that Harry was kissing me. I tried to push him away from me. But I couldn’t move him a feet. I couldn’t really move him because I honestly didn’t want to and he was too strong. But he felt my weak movement and stopped kissing me. He moved his hands to my waist and hugged me instead. And somehow I wasn’t afraid for him.

Harry: I have missed you so much! Where did you go? I was so worried!

Evelyn: Trevor… stop it…

Harry: What is it?

Evelyn: Don’t tell me that you don’t remember, because that’s bullshit!

Harry: The only thing I remember is that I’m coming home to an open door, a big pool of blood on the floor and a bloody knife on the floor too! I was so worried about you!

Evelyn: What if I tell you that you’re the one who used the knife to cut me in my left forearm and thigh? Oh right, you broke my hand that day too.

He looked at me with a confused look, still hugging me. Then he let go of me. I stood with my arms crossed as Harry sat down on the sofa. He then putted his head in his hands and whispered words that I didn’t hear. After a while he looked up on me with teary eyes.

Harry: Did I really do that?

I nodded almost unnoticeable.

 Harry: What’s wrong with them?! Why do they keep making me do things I don’t want to do!

 Evelyn: No one’s forcing you to hurt me, you’re doing it all by yourself…

Harry: No Evelyn!

When he screamed, I jumped a bit. He doesn’t use to scream like that. Without noticing, I had started to go backwards. He still sat on the sofa, but then he noticed that I was stumbling away. So he quickly got up on his feets and took my hand gently in his. I saw that he had tears in his eyes.

Harry: Please don’t walk away… Just listen what I have to say to make you understand.

I looked him straight in the eyes and saw that he was near a breakdown. He never cries, or he didn’t used to. I just realized that I don’t know him at all. Well not the “new” Harry though. I followed him to the kitchen. Oh I mean my kitchen… no, sorry it’s OUR kitchen. Anyway, we sat down at the table. He was still holding my hand.

Evelyn: Say something…

 Harry: Can you just… just be quiet! I’m trying to think how I can tell you without telling you too much…

 Evelyn: I think I need the whole story; you actually cut me and broke my hand!

 Harry: Yeah, you’re right… So, it all started when I died.