You're hurting me!

Chapter 23

Harry insisted to drive me there. So we planted our butts in the car and drove away. He looked very…worried? Yeah I think that’s the word to describe him right now. I took his hand in mine and squeezed it softly, to show him that it was nothing to worry about. He squeezed my hand back in respond, but to tight. I didn’t want to say that it hurt a bit. But then my hand cracked. But Harry didn’t stop squeezing my hand. I wanted to scream out in pain, but I was afraid to scare Edward who was in the backseat.

Evelyn: Harry... Please, let go of my hand…

But he didn’t seem to hear anything. He just stared at the road and kept hurt my hand. I tried to shut the pain out, but it was nearly impossible. I tried to pull my hand to me, but that just made my hand hurt even more.

Finally we parked at the supermarket and Harry was out of his hypnosis stage. He let go of my hand and looked at me as if nothing had happened. But it had happened something very serious. So he saw that my eyes were red and puffy, because the tears were teasing to come.

Harry: Evy? What is it, what have happened?

 Evelyn: Nothing…

I opened the door and was about to leave the car when Harry tried to stop me and took my hurted hand. I screamed.

Evelyn: Let go of my hand! It hurt, please!

I cried and Harry let go. I pulled my hand to me and cupped it with my right hand. (the left hand was injured.)

Harry: Evelyn, what is it! Why is your hand hurt!

 Evelyn: It’s nothing!

 Harry: C’mon, I’ll take you to the hospital so they can have a look on it.

Evelyn: No, it’s fine. It doesn’t hurt that much, I don’t want to get late to my first meeting…

Then I walked away from the car, not saying a word. And not far away, I saw five guys standing and talking to each other. Then they turned around and looked at me. It must be Precious Things…

Stranger: Hello, you must be the new singer? This is Chandler, Adam, Chris and David. Oh, and me of course… Butler.

I recognize Butler’s voice. He was the one that I had talked to, just minutes before.

Evelyn: I’m Evelyn, nice to meet you…

All of them saw that my eyes were red and puffy, and that I held my hand carefully…great…

Chandler: Have anything happened?

 Chris: You have been crying, right?

 Evelyn: It’s fine, I’m fine…

 Butler: No it’s not, let me see your hand.

He took a tight grasp around my wrist and pulled my hand closer to him. He looked with big eyes on my hand and then gave me a worried glance.

Adam: Wow… we can take you to the hospital if you want, that look serious.

 David: Yeah! You’re hand is blue, babe!

 Evelyn: No it’s ok, really!

All of them gave me sympathy looks, but didn’t say more. After a while they asked what had happened. I didn’t want Harry to look like an abuse-boyfriend, and he isn’t, so I said that I had closed the car door on my hand. They didn’t fully believe me, but I didn’t care. It was probably just an accident.

Or was it?