Call us!

Chapter 22

*Five months later*

Eddie was super happy. He started to call Harry “daddy” just after a week. And Harry acted like a father. Well, why shouldn’t he? He is Edward's dad, so of course he acted like a real father. But I mean that he hasn’t been there since the start, he came into Eddie's life at four-years-old. But they actually linked together. Eddie is almost glued to Harry, because he doesn’t want him to leave. I don’t want that either.

Evelyn: I’m going out for a walk! Take care of Edward, Harry!

 Eddie: BYYEEEE MOMMY!!

Harry: Edward Harold Styles, don’t shout like that, the whole China can hear you!

I heard Eddie's soft giggles and then he squeaked loud. I could see it in front of me, how Harry had lifted Eddie up over his head and just held him there and played that he was an airplane. He did that a lot, and Eddie loved it. I closed the door with a smile on my face and began to walk down the stairs. When I was about to go past a lamppost I saw a paper thing on it. Weird, it uses to be nothing on them. I stopped my power walk and looked at the paper. There we’re guitars, drums, basses and a microphone on it. And it also was text on it.

Please read this!

We’re a band called Precious Things, and we’re looking for a new singer in our band! Both girls and boys can contact us and age is just a number!

So please, if you like music and dream of being in a band, call us!

There was a number on the page too and an e-mail address. I sang and did a lot of things that included music before Harry died. Because I had died inside and it just didn’t work, I couldn’t concentrate on my music career.

But now when he’s back, I maybe should try?

I ran back to my apartment and opened the door.

Eddie: MOMMY’S BACK!!!

I could hear Eddie's small feet running to the hall and he hugged my legs. I bent down and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I heard Harry's steps coming closer too. I looked up and saw him standing in the doorway. He gave me a cheeky grin. He continued walking to me and gave me a kiss.

Harry: Did you run today?

 Evelyn: No, I just got out when I saw this.

I showed him the paper and he started to read the text.

Harry: Are you going to start with music again?

 Evelyn: I don’t know, it depends on if there’s any place for me. And it depends on what you want.

 Harry: I want what you want.

I smiled thankfully at him and went to the kitchen. I grabbed my phone and tapped the number. There were 3 signals before someone answered.

Stranger: Hello?

Evelyn: Hi, is this one of the persons in Precious Things?

Stranger: Yes that’s right, what is this about?

Evelyn: I saw the paper you had putted out in this area where I live, and I wondered if the job as a singer is taken?

 Stranger: No, it’s not taken yet! And you’re the only one that has called us. So you’re welcome to the band!

 Evelyn: Well, that’s great! When can I see you?

 Stranger: We actually have a meeting right now. So if you can make it to the big supermarket now, we can come and meet you, and show you where we have all the meetings!

 Evelyn: Ok, I’ll be there soon. Thanks!