Promise.

[Harry]

"It was 1994....." Madam Deileh began, all eyes on her. I looked at her with a look of disbelief, do they actually think I believe any of this shit? "Don't bother, I don't wanna hear-"

"Will you shut up harry! Listen to what she has to say, you don't get it do you? We're doing this for your safety.... For Rowen's safety." Louis screamed, making me feel a slight bit of guilt.

I looked up at the beautiful girl beside me, squeezing her hand thinking about the fact that I possibly don't even love her, that she may not even love me. I know that all of this stuff is true, I can feel it, I just don't want to believe it, that maybe if I don't believe it it won't be true, but I know that won't happen.

"Ok, I'm sorry, carry on." I sank back down into my chair. She gave me a nod, starting up where she left off.

"It was 1994, and you were just born. The vampire race just began to exist about 5 years before you came, and your family was no regular group of vampires, harry. Your grandfather was the first vampire to ever live, the first of your kind. He had powers beyond your belief, good and bad, but he didn't get to choose what side he went on. He hanged your mother, your father, brother, giving them all the powers that he carried with him, but he waited on you, he didn't think you were strong enough. You see, once the vampire race started to multiply, more vampires began to think that they would rule, and you know what that means. War." She took a pause at the end of her words before starting again.

"Your family was a threat, they were the most powerful vampires in the world, they had what everyone wanted. More and more clans started to move in, trying to take your family's spot, in the most violent ways. Your grandfather was killed by an angry clan that believed that he didn't deserve what he had. They left you and your family all alone, but harry, no one knew you were even alive. They kept you a secret, it was too much of a risk. When you were 17 your parents thought that you were ready for all that you had coming. They changed you, I was there. You thought you were going to die, something went wrong, something that's never happened before." She stopped.

"Would you like to hear the rest, I'm not quite sure if you're ready to hear this-"

"Go on."

"Very well. There was a curse put in your family, harry. A curse put on by a witch named Doeldge. She didn't believe that it was fair that you guys had powers the rest didn't, so she did what she thought was right. Your family now has a bloodline, and whoever gets linked onto it, will either take their powers for light, or for dark."

"What do you-"

"When you turn 20, harry, your powers will be at full force again, and they will either choose you for the light, or for the dark. You do not control what your destiny is, it chooses you."

"You're mad! I would never go dark."

"You see my boy, you do not control that! It controls you."

"What side were my parents on?"

"They were on light, unlike your brother. He was an amazing person harry, he didn't want to turn bad. He was so scared, so scared, but he didn't have a choice. On the day of his 20th birthday, the darkness took over him. He ran away, leaving you and your parents."

"How did they get killed? My parents, how did they-"

"You got invaded. A huge clan of vampires, dark vampires, invaded. They wanted to rule, and in order to do that, they had to execute your family, your kind. They killed your parents, harry, not Jared. You, however, got away because no one knew you existed. You had to watch your mother die right before your eyes. She knew you were ready, you had to take their role. She was going to die and she knew it, leaving you all alone."