Darkness over light.

[Rowen]

I felt the warmness from his body overheat me. Shifting uncomfortably, I wriggled out of his grasp, swinging my feet over the side of the bed, letting them come in contact with the old wood floor. I shivered, and made my way into our shared bathroom. I lifted up my shirt, examining the scar, that one little scar that just changed my life, our lives, completely, and not in a good way.

I had dark bags filling my undereyes. I picked up a concealer stick, trying my best to cover them up, but failed. I threw my hair into a somewhat tidy bun, and walked back into the room to see harry sitting up against the headboard with tired eyes.

The color of his skin was back to normal, the bags under his eyes still remaining the same. The scar from where he broke the skin on his lip was just a scab, his eyes their natural shade if dark green. Those eyes. The eyes that I could get lost in. The eyes that hold many secrets, the eyes that are always changing. Those eyes were now unfamiliar to me.

"Goodmorning." He slurred, rubbing his eyes. He looked so peaceful, yet so worked up, like something was making him feel uncomfortable.

"How are you feeling?" I asked nervously, laying down, testing my head on his bare chest. He moaned, beginning to speak.

"Better. Better then last night, at least."

"That's good, as long as you're okay."

He wrapped his warm arm around my delicate body, running tiny circles along my thigh. "Look at me."

I tilted my head up to look at him. He placed his finger on my chin. His eyes looked into mine. I got lost, only to get snapped into reality by the sight of his eyes getting darker, turning red, almost black.

Fangs appeared at the sides of his mouth, blood dripping from his wet lip.

"You should of left when you had the chance." He growled, a devilish grin on his face.

"Don't scream." Were his last words before his head was making its way down to my neck, breaking through the skin.

I felt my body twitch, and an arm tighten its grip around me.

"What's wrong?" I heard a husky voice in my ear. I looked up, a pair of green eyes meeting mine.

"Nothing, dream that's all." I said standing up.

"Where are you going?" He asked angrily, following by my side.

"I need some fresh air."

"No you don't, you're not leaving." He said following me up the staircase. I laughed.

"You're not the boss of me."

"I am, actually believe it or not. Get your ass back here." He gripped my arm firmly.

"Get off of me."

"You know what, maybe this whole curse thing was right. Maybe I don't feel the same way about you. Maybe I don't love you." He snapped in my ear, making my heart shatter. I felt a tear fall down my cheek.

"How could you say that?" I stuttered, looking at his blank expression. He just stood there, no sign of regret on his face at all.

"You wanted to leave, leave, I really don't give a shit. Don't even worry about coming back actually, knock yourself out."

"I know you don't mean that."

"Then why would I say it? I don't really care anymore, rowen. I don't care."

Those words like needles in my eyes, I nodded.

"If that's what you want, maybe I won't bother coming back this time."