Chapter 18: Mr. Waiter

"Now explain to me why we are here again?" I glance through the plants at my uncles.

"Why would you want to miss this opportunity?" Fran whispers besides me.

"Did you really have to make us dressed so fancy?" I stare at our attire. I'm wearing a burgundy Flowy dress cinched at the waist with a low back. Fran has a little black dress complete with killer pink Jimmy Choo heels. We do look fabulous with our styled hair and makeup.

"Why not? It's my treat. I love this restaurant." She shrugs. Sometimes I forget she is rich.

"Don't you have any sense of privacy." I hiss as she keeps looking at my uncles obviously. I say it jokingly, almost. I'm somewhat embarrassed at her lack of embarrassment. I'm sure the people around us think we are stalking some celebrity. Then again, growing up with Fran, I have learned to grow use to her eccentric personality.

"NOPE." She grins before looking some more. I'm glad she didn't bring her binoculars. She actually brought them once when she was scoping out some dude. "I must say they look interested in their dates and vice versa. Good job D." Her grin grows wider. I feel goosebumps come up as her grin leans toward mischievousness.

"Let me see." I peer from the plants blocking us from view. Both of my uncles are sitting at separate tables. They look like they are quite enjoying their dates judging by their smiles and their dates' smiles. Plus, their dates are rather attractive anyways.

I giggle to myself a bit as both of my Uncles have a flirtatious smile on their faces. I don't think anybody will be able to resist them, especially since they look dashing in their suit and tie (which I picked out of course).

"Good evening. I shall be your waiter for the day. My name is-" he stops as both of us make eye contact. Great. Mason is here to ruin a wonderful night.

Fran kicks me not too gently under the table. "Hi." I say first in a flat tone.

His professional look falls. "What do you want to order?" His tone sounds impatient.

I bite my tongue from spitting out the insults that are making its way out. I would rather not cause a scene. 

"I'll take tonight's special." Fran orders without being affected by he tense atmosphere.

"Sane." I say without looking at him. Mason's messy hair is neatly combed back in a stylish manner. He looks rather dashing himself with his bow tie and white collared shirt. It makes me want to spill my drink over him. The restaurant makes him wear a clean, professional uniform. However, im quite surprised he even landed a job here in the first place. He must have bribed his way in or blackmailed or something. 

"That was rude." Fran crosses her arm and raises an eyebrow.

"I didn't do anything." I roll my eyes.

"Exactly. You didn't even spare him a look. Also, you were being a complete bitch." She leans her elbows on the table and cocks her head at me.

"Whatever." I take a sip of my drink.

"That's so unlike you."

"So what."

"Girl, don't tell me you did not see him eyeing you. C'mon, half our school wants that man candy. Don't tell me you aren't any different." She sighs. "Plus, we do look damn hot today." She winks after that statement.

"I don't see the attraction." I take another sip of my lemonade.

"You're going to go pee after all that drinking." She takes my glass away. I pout a bit.