Chapter 7: Franny's Heterosexuality

Ding! Ding! Ding

"SOMEBODY GET IT!" Allen shouts from downstairs. He's probably sitting on the couch watching a football game on the TV.

"YOU'RE DOWNSTAIRS! WHY DON'T YOU GO GET IT? OLLIE!" Finn shouts in reply.

"I'M POOPING!" Oliver screams the loudest.

"FINE! I'LL GET IT!" I yell and head downstairs. Once I open the front door, a streak zooms right at me. I step to the side just in time for her to pass me. I think she's yelling my name.

"DEEEEELLLLLLAAAAAA!" Franny stops and runs back at me.

"Yeah?" I ask warily.

"Dude," She stares intensely at me.

"Yes?" I back away to give us space.

"Dude..." She leans closer, almost nose-to-nose.

"Oh my gosh, Franny." I roll my eyes. "So help me, if you don't spit it out, I'm going to leave you here."

"Wait, wait, wait." She giggles. She seems to be in a great mood.

"I'm listening girl," I smile, though my patience is wearing thin.

"So you know the guy I have been talking to?" She bounces back and forth, getting more excited by the second.

"Evan?"

"No, not Evan. Jonathan." She shrugs, and then adds. "I've been with him for a week, and you don't even know his name?"

I open my mouth, then I shut it. I don't know what to say. I forget all her beaus. She has so many that i have given up remembering them all. I feel surprised she is still with Jonathan for a week. I'm more suprised she didn't tell me, or perhaps I did not pay attention. It was not a great week.

"Anyways," she continues, "I think I want to take things slow and serious with him."

I cannot stop myself from laughing. I really try not to laugh, but I find it difficult.

"Delany." Franny frowns and saddens.

"Oh, sorry. I'm really sorry." I stop and hug her. "I'm glad you want to go slow and steady with him."

"Is he the one?" I pull out of the hug and say seriously. I don't believe in love at first sight, or even true love, but Franny does. Her heart shattered after the guy she thought was "the one" cheated on her multiple times. She's better now, but I know her heart is not completely healed. I'm not the slightest bit guilty that my brothers and I beat the son of the bitch for being such a d-bag. He broke up with Franny over some lame excuses and put the blame on her.

"I've never felt this way before," she sighs. "Well, not since you know who..." She doesn't even say his name anymore.

"Jonathan..." I mull over his name. Why doesn't his name ring a bell? "Tell me more about this guy."

We head upstairs to my room so we can talk.

"Start slowly," I chuckle, more to myself, as we climb onto my bed. I doubt she will start slowly.

"Jonathanisacollegeprofessorbutheisreallyyoungsoit'sfine. He's really gorgeous, funny, smart, and incredible." She sighs lovingly.

"Nope, nada." I cross my arms and glare at her. "Repeat these exact words and more slowly."

"Jonathan is a college professor..." She looks at my faded paint stain on my carpet. It's not an unappealing splot of stain so I know she is just avoiding my gaze.

I swallow my judgment and tell her to continue. Her eyes brighten as she describes him, going into great detail to the point of too much information.