Chapter 25: Girls just wanna have fun

A/N This was playing on the radio and it just kinda inspired me a little. Love this song. 

"We decided that it's time for you to take the next big step into your high school career." Finny barges into my door with Ollie. 

"No." I look up from my phone as I lay in bed. I go back to scrolling through my Instagram feed, throwing out hearts without really looking at what each post is. 

"It'll be fun." Ollie jumps onto my bed beside me. 

"Are you clean?" I give him a dirty look as I eye my bed under him. 

"Clean as a whistle." Ollie leans in. "Smell me."

"No." I wrinkle my nose at him before I go back to looking on my phone. 

"That's rude. We are talking to you right now." Finny takes the phone from my hands. He proceeds to scroll through my feed, pausing here and there. We basically follow the same people so he's probably already seen all the posts. 

"That's my phone. Give it back." I look at him a little grumpily. I'm not in a great mood where I want to play with their little games. 

"We will pay for your gas and even be your personal chauffeurs for the next week if you come." Finny says. 

"Why? It's just a stupid party. You guys can just go without me. It's not like you aren't invited."

"It won't be fun without you." Finny sighs and nudges me. 

"What's really going on?" I sit upright and stare hard at the two of them. They meet my eyes unflinchingly, trying to show that they are being honest.

"We just want to have some sibling bonding." Ollie stares back.

"Try again." I narrow my eyes dangerously. They remain cool and calm regardless of my behavior. "You know, it's better I hear it from you two than from someone else. If it's bad, then it'll make it all the worse. And you don't want to make things worse." I threaten lightly. When I'm really in a bad mood, I either close myself off like usual...or I break things. The latter is very soothing and a little bit healthier for my mentality. At least, that's what I think. 

"Really, there's nothing going on." Finny presses firmly. 

I look at them carefully and try to think what is probably the reason. "Which girl is it this time?" What else would get them so eager for me to go?

They act surprised and shocked.  "What are you talking about?" Ollie bats his eyes innocently. 

"Is it Ryan? Lizzie? Megan?" I think of my teammates who would be very eager to have both me and my brothers at the soccer party. 

"Hmmmm..." I guess again when their body posture shows that those aren't the names.

"Stop." Ollie and Finny frown. "You're no fun whatsoever."

"What did they tell you?" I feel like it's a collective effort. "Didn't we agree to have platonic relationships with each other's teammates?" If things go bad, then it's awkward and tense during practices. We wouldn't be able to work as a collective unit. I honestly don't know if they have honored their part of the deal but as long as it doesn't affect me, then I don't care too much. 

"Actually, I don't really care anymore. I'm going to shower. Shoo." I make them leave my room so I can shower in peace. I decide to use my bathtub for once. I rarely use it since I prefer showers over a tub, but Franny just got me a Lush bath bomb that would seem like a waste to not use. I watch as my sparkly rose scented bomb fizzles into a swirl of colors before climbing in. It smells very soothing. I sigh and relax myself as I sink into the water. I don't want to get out. My body feels so nice and warm as I sit in the tub pondering my thoughts. My thoughts keep finding its way towards Mason and Hunter. Then, it goes to my brothers and my sports life. There Is too much going on in my life right now. I just want a break.