Ch. 3: Everybody's Watching Me

Everybody's Watching Me (Uh Oh): The Neighbourhood

"Then I found myself alone, uh oh where do I go? Everybody's watching me."

---

I step inside my new English class for the first time today. After what happened yesterday, I dreaded this class. As I step inside, I can already hear people who were previously talking loud, whisper as I step into class. What is up with everyone's butt? I roll my eyes at the scene and take my assigned seat as I wait for my cruel table mate.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to see Alice looking at me with a mysterious grin. She sits down next to me."So I heard you stood up to Jake Dennings after he rejected you."

"What? That is completely false." I look around with wild eyes as I soon believe that everyone thinks that. "Who told you that nonsense?"

She furrows her eyes," Relax, relax." She raises her arms to me to calm me down. "There just rumors, and half them are all different. I'm sure by next week people will forget."

"Is that suppose to make me feel better."

"No." She shrugs. "Not really."

"Why is everyone even talking about it? It's not a big deal."

"Well Jake is a somebody, and no one makes him look stupid unless they want to be known."

"How do you know so much about him?"

There's a gleam in her eyes that tells me there's something up with her, "Everyone knows and doesn't know him all the same. He's Jake Dennings, duh."

This weird conversation that I'm into makes me squirm to realize that people actually care that I "stood" up to him. Maybe it's the fact I said he was a fuckboy manwhore and no ones ever told him that... or at least to his face. I just said what everyone was thinking. I shake my head trying to clear my thoughts. "So how are you and Casper?" I say trying to clear my thoughts, and ultimately trying to change the subject of anger that is soon filling within me.

Her grin falls slightly, and I can see her discomfort. "I don't know. He seemed better yesterday, but I hope at the party, he tells me what's wrong with him. He's just been distant."

"You're in my seat." I hear a grumble behind Alice. Her face falls slightly more, and then it grows as she soon realizes it's Jake. A smile crawls across her lips as if she knows something I don't know.

"Sorry." She mumbles and takes her seat that's in the front row across the room.

I turn my head to the board, not making any contact with Jake. His usual shades planted on his face that's on every single day.

"Hello, sunshine." He says sarcastically, as he takes a seat next to me.

"Don't call me that." I snap at him.

"Alright, Miss. Priss. I realize you like that name now." I can feel him smirking the way he usually does when he insults me.

"Call me Dawn. That's it." My voice becomes weak. I don't want another fight.

"Oh well that wouldn't be fun, would it?" He probes me.

I remain silent as I don't want to draw any attention like yesterday. I click my fingers together with my thumb. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.