Ch. 93: Only Angel

"Broke a finger knocking on your bedroom door. I got splinters in my knuckles crawling across the floor. Couldn't take you home to mother in a skirt that short. But I think that's what I like about it."

Only Angel- Harry Styles

-

A few days without the headache of everything going around me. I wish it could be forever. This moment in particular. The air is screaming in my ears, as the radio plays Billie Eillish. I notice Jake is taking a liking to her since our first major breakup. He was probably in an angsty mood. I don't pry too much though because he becomes shy.

The sun is finally peaking out through the storm, and I can't help but smile at Jake who sings poorly at the lyrics. He does it to annoy me, but his voice is like honey in my ears. No strain, no anger laces through his voice, and that causes me to laugh louder in the sky.

Windows are rolled down, and I can tell he's staring at me with those eyes. Those eyes that have been held with lust so many times before, it's weird to see them in a different light. He's looking at me like I'm the world. I can tell by his smile.

"Pull over," I mumble. I didn't even think he could have heard me over the roaring air, but he does.

The streets are empty on the road. All there seems to be is open fields for miles ahead.

I climb across the car, and my hips join his.

"Couldn't wait until we got there?" He nudges his mouth along my lips. I shut him up hungrily kissing him. I ground my hips against his groin; he is already bucking his up into mine.

Smut scene, go to smut book 😈

--

Two hours later...

We're about twenty minutes away from San Fran when Jake finally talks about his uncle. "His name is Jeff; he just got engaged last spring to this young woman, Genevieve."

"How young?" I eat more of the chips that we bought at the gas station.

"11 years younger."

"Oof."

"Yup. Doesn't help; she looks even younger than her age."

"Well how old is your uncle?"

"39. My parents had Terry young." He mentions. At first, I don't get the connection, but I remember Jake told me his uncle is a twin of his father.

"What were your parent's names?" I glance at him.

He doesn't say anything at first, but then, "Ellie and James."

"How'd they meet?"

"High school." He answers shortly.

"What grade?"

"Can we not talk about my parents?" An edge is to his voice.

"Alright." I cross my arms and look out the window. Everything is so touchy to him. I know they're not here anymore, but he barely talks about them. Sometimes I forget they even exist.

"Sorry, it's just- it hurts talking about them."

"I know, baby." I uncross my arm and rub his thigh. "But I love you, and I want you to feel comfortable talking about them. It's okay to let your emotions seep through you."

"You just called me baby?" He smirks.

"Not the point." I slap his thigh, "and yeah. You are my baby." My cheeks redden. His laugh resonates in the air, as I throw a chip at his face.