Ch. 29: Leave A Trace

Leave A Trace- CHVRHES

"I have somehow got away with everything, anything you ever did was strictly by design, but you got it wrong."

TW: talks of SA

---

I missed him. Was it bad that I did? I needed to explain to Jake about everything that happened with my parents this weekend, and I wanted to know exactly what happened at the party. I would of talked about it sooner, but we were a little... preoccupied with making up...

As I walked into school on Monday, I saw Jake walk into the principles office. After that, Dawson and James followed him in. Ten minutes later, Jake was escorted off campus by security officers. His eyes not looking at mine.

Next James and Dawson came out. Both of them broken in the face.

I would of called Jake and demand to know what happened, except my parents took my phone. I was practically on lockdown.

The next school day; however, words of course spread around the three like wild fire. Somehow I was in the middle of it all with hush hush words. I wanted to know the truth badly, but I couldn't even talk to Alice because she's been out sick for a couple days.

I was avoiding Lauren, and she wasn't really trying to talk to me either. So as I was walking by myself towards the library, I get stopped by Dawson, who stood in front of me with cuts all around his face. I wince up at him, but I have nothing to say to him.

"Can we talk?" He asks me, a concern look on his face.

I look around and see everyone staring back at us. I need answers, and I needed them now. At this point I could give two fucks what people think of me.

I nod my head intently, awaiting the answers that were unsaid before. He walks ahead of me down the somewhat vacant hall. Dawson lead me into an empty janitors closet.

I felt isolated, and in a way complete, as I found my eyes flashing to that night of havoc.

On the floor.

Jake.

Dawson pushing me on my knees.

In that moment I knew I wasn't safe with him. Even if I didn't know the whole truth, I knew one thing... I didn't want to be this close to him.

"Why are you spazzing out." He peers down to me, taking in my body tensing at the fragment of memories. His body getting close, as my breathing further increases. My fingers start to click rapidly.

"Please give me space." I breathe heavily.

"What? Dawn, you know me! I would never hurt you." His hand reaches out to me, but my mouth opens to start to scream.

"Okay, okay chill." He whisper to me. "I just want to talk."

"Then talk! What happened at that party!"

"We were just having fun. Good old fun, and I gave you something to ease your mind a bit."

"Like what?" I probe him along, as he continues to hesitant.

"Ecstasy." He mumbles, his eyes on the floor somewhat ashamed.

"What?" Not sure if I heard him correctly.