Ch. 47: Crazy In Love

Crazy In Love- Beyoncé (Remix 2014 version)

"Got me looking so crazy right now, your love's, Got me looking so crazy right now."

---

I turn on my heel up towards Jake's house. I almost want to call him to tell him to come open the door, but I feel like he won't answer considering he's dodging my calls all day. His car is here.

I knock three times, while I try to warm myself up. I hear footsteps on the other side.

The door swings open to Jake. His black glasses on him like usual. He wore all black, aside from his gray socks. I don't see any damage on his body. I glance up and down his body landing on his face, a scowl deep around his furrowed brows. "Hey-"

He puts his hand up, stopping my lips. "You're fucking stupid."

My eyes open in pure confusion. I try to say something, but I can't. His scowl deepens, as he slams the door in my face.

I'm still mildly confused, and my fist collides with the door. "Jake!" I yell to him.

The door opens minutes later, making me almost topple over from all the knocking. The body takes a step back, making myself almost fall forward. "Hey, Cover Girl." My eyes land on the boots, slowly raising up to see Terry. It seems he was about to head out with his large coat and boots.

"It's Dawn." I mutter, holding my bag closer to me subconsciously.

"Why is my brother mad at you?" He points behind him where Jake's bedroom is at.

I shrug, still in shock that he called me stupid... fucking stupid for no reason.

"Well you did it, yeah. I don't really care." He pushes pass me towards the door.

"Where are you going?" I ask curiously.

"Do you actually care, or are you just be nosy?" A smirk plasters his face that is almost an exact replica of Jake's.

"Never mind, I don't care enough." I start walking towards Jake's bedroom.

"Feisty one, aren't we Cover Girl."

I don't even look at him, but he laughs.

I don't know what's up with Jake, and I'm already afraid of what I'm about to walk into. His door is cracked open; he sits down at the edge of his bed, hands in his face.

Then he gets up and starts pacing back and fourth. I open the door, he doesn't stop pacing, and walks faster back and fourth across his wooden tiles. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"What's wrong, Dawn? Really!" He snaps at me, halting his steps.

"Why are you so mad at me?" I take in his scowl.

If this is about me meddling in Alice's relationship, he's taking this too seriously.

"Why did you have to be in everyone's business!" He throws his hands up in the air.

So it is I'm assuming.

"He deserved to know!" I yell, throwing my purse down at his chair in frustration.

"No you don't get it. Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I should of told you about it sooner, but if you didn't open you're fucking mouth, everything would be so much easier!"

"Wait... now I don't even know what you're talking about."

"JC!" He yells at me, pointing out to anything. "Why did you meddle! Why did you have to know?"