Ch. 49: Mercy

"Please have mercy on me, Take it easy on my heart, Even though you don't mean to hurt me
You keep tearing me apart."

Mercy- Shawn Mendes

--

My eyes shift open as I feel the bed move. Jake's arms around me tightens, and a soft groan leaves his lips. His mouth is right next to my ear, his nose tickling the hairs of it.

I glance at the alarm clock, seeing the time.

It's nine in the morning?

I remember back to how I fell asleep, and how I only woke up maybe twice in the night rather then every hour when Jake moved. Did Jake sleep? I move my head around, His arms again tightens around me when I move. He slept. He fucking slept, and he's still sleeping.

A soft snore leaves his lips again, and I find myself giggling at him. His brows furrow in discomfort, and for a second I'm afraid he's having a nightmare, but instead his eyes squint from the light in the room. Another groan leaving his plump lips, his arms squeezing me and relax against my body.

"Hi." I say shyly.

"Hi." His voice raspy with sleep.

His green eyes were so clear this morning, it was like I could see every color that was mixed together, something so different then the darkness behind them.

"How was your sleep?" I ask giddily.

"Good. Very good." He smiles, "I didn't have a bad dream, and I was able to have a quick run without waking you up."

"You woke up earlier?" I frown.

He leans forward kissing my furrowed brows, "I always run, but don't worry. I slept like a baby afterwards."

"Did you shower?"

"Only for you." One of his hands reach down to my bare thigh, making me shiver.

I look up to his damp hair, realizing he was telling the truth.

"Still sore." His hand grazes up towards my hips, going inwards.

I suck in a breath, looking down at his hand reaching under his shirt; slightly grazing my lower part of my stomach.

"No." I lie.

His finger slides across my entrance that's covered by my panties. I suck in a wince forming, only to moan out from his teasing.

"Someone's lying." He purrs against my ear, "But you're still weeping for me, huh baby." He kisses under my ear causing me to moan again.

My phone rings obnoxiously causing both of us to groan in annoyance. His lips are still attached to my neck, earning every gasp from me. My hand barely reaches his lamp stand. It's my mom. Great.

"Hello?" One of my hands holds the phone, and the other tries to push Jake's face away from me. He stifles a laugh.

"Where are you?" She immediately asks me without even a good morning or a hello.

"I'm uh..." I trail off, still not knowing for sure if I should lie to her.

"Dawn Rivers I am sick and tired of your lying. I don't care if you're turning 18 this year or that you're going to college in a few months, the least you could do is leave a note." She's angry, beyond angry, but I can also sense she's worried.

Which only makes me feel guilty. I wiggle out of Jake's grasp, sitting at the edge of the bed so my toes barely touch the cold wooden floor. "I'm sorry." I don't know what else to say.