Ch. 94: Anna Sun

Anna Sun- WALK THE MOON

"Feet are still sore my back is on the fringes. We tore up the walls we slept on couches. We lifted this house we lifted this house. Fire-crackers in the east my car parked south. Your hands on my cheeks your shoulder in my mouth. I was up against the wall on the west mezzanine. We rattle this town, we rattle this scene."

-

"Past the syrup darling," Jeff asks Gen as I exit the restroom from my shower. This morning has been quite unexpected. One being I took a shower alone, and that's only because I absolutely forbade Jake and me to have shower sex while his aunt and uncle are in the house. That's extremely awkward.

Another reason why this morning is so different from the rest is I'm happy.

Really happy.

Though the room Jake and I stayed in smelled like gas for a minute, I've never laughed so much in my life. I felt like a teenager. This is how love should be. Filled with laughter and embraces, not with stress and if I'll survive the next day.

Love is silly in its own way, and I didn't feel ashamed being that way with Jake.

He's sitting down at the dining table already. Two plates are in front of him.

"Hey, love. We just started feasting. Come join us." Gen says once she takes notice of me.

Jake perks up as he looks over to me. His eyes are once again visible. His glasses are tucked in his shirt, and I can't believe he's becoming less insecure about his eyes and self-awareness.

"I made you a plate." His voice is soft.

Two pancakes and some eggs and bacon are placed in front of the seat next to him.

"Thanks, baby," I say, and without a thought, I peck his lips.

Jake's eyes widen, and I must have embarrassed him in front of Gen and Jeff, but he doesn't say anything except a quick nod.

I need to remind myself to take things slow. Our relationship isn't a race; it's a relay. PDA can only go so far, but I find annoying he just likes PDA when it suits him- like when he's jealous.

"How was your sleep?" Jeff asks after the awkwardness left the room.

"Good," I say before I drink a cup of orange juice Jake poured for me. This time I don't thank him but nod.

"It would have been better if I had a bed." Jake mocks an angry voice, but he licks his tongue out in a joking matter.

"Jeffery." Gen drops her fork, "You didn't tell them after the movie?"

"Tell us what?" Jake asks.

"The couch was a pullout bed; he was supposed to tell you before bed."

Jake tilts his head to the side before rolling his eyes. His eyes are so bright and playful this morning, "Don't worry, Gen." Jake says as he takes a sip of his orange juice. Jeffery laughs, "I'll get uncle Jeff back."

"We'll see about that, sport." Jake flicks a piece of his pancake at Jeffery's plate.

Jeffery laughs, and Gen smiles at there interaction.

I love this side to Jake. Happy and playful. He looks to me briefly before winking.

"What time is everyone coming tonight?" Jake asks.

Uncle Jeff and Gen apparently have a grand New Year's Eve party every year, and this year I'm mandated to go, I'm kind of nervous. Jake hasn't told me much about it except there's going to be a lot of people.