Ch. 80: The Scientist

"Nobody said it was easy. It's such a shame for us to part. Nobody said it was easy. No one ever said it would be this hard. Oh take me back to the start."

Mini A/N: love this song for this chapter.

The Scientist- Coldplay

--

Alice P.O.V.

An hour before

"Can you turn the music up, chica." Serena asks. I roll my eyes at her request, but I turn the dial up slightly. I'm mostly in my head today. Almost everyday really. These stupid self "defense" lesson are giving me a headache. Especially since I have to see him.

When I mean him, I mean Casper. We've hurt each other so bad, I don't think we can come out of it, but I love him so much. And I know he still loves me too. He just has to. What I did with Lauren was a mistake, and I haven't talked to her in a while. She hasn't tried anything on me, and I hope she stays away from both of us. It's not like I can't control myself around her; it's more if I see her I don't know what to say.

I know she feels more for me than I can ever feel about her. I've never been in this situation before.

Once Serena and I enter the training room, I have already noticed Dawn and Jake have once again made up. I choose not to pester my way into their relationship anymore because it's none of my business, and I frankly I don't give a shit. It's one of the many things Jake and I have in common. We stay clear of anyone's drama except our own. Though I do wish he treated her better. Dawn spilled all the tea about how he called her an attention whore. That asshole.

They're giggling though, while he teaches her how to properly kick someone in their shins.

Serena immediately goes to my cousin Terry, and I'm left alone with a bunch of men I don't know. I could join Serena and Terry, but their sexual tension can be cut with a butter knife. And as for Dawn and Jake... I do not want to third wheel. I would bother Martinez, but he's busy running this place. I have no idea what the title of this organization is. Definitely not the Underground.

Speaking of the Underground, I've been having hateful nightmares about it; especially of that night. I don't want to think about it. I don't want to think about my confession, or the hateful death glares I get from the boys at my school who are apart of the Underground. If I wasn't related to Jake, I would have already been killed, but Jake's popular amongst them.

He has to fight there soon at the Underground. A rule is you have to fight at least once every two weeks, and that's one of the many rules he must uphold, or that's what's Jake has told me at least.

"Hey." I hear Casper greet me from behind. I swing around towards him; my eyes immediately falling to the floor.

"Hey." My voice rasps. The last time we spoke was his confrontation about my rape at my house. It was quite awkward at first, but his comfort did make me feel better at the moment.

"Do you want me to train you... uh... you know the moves." He stammers. He's just as nervous as me, maybe even more.

"Sure."

It's weird because just a month ago we were doing almost the exact same thing but the opposite. I was helping Casper train, along with Jake. I honestly can say I don't need these stupid training sessions. I've learned a lot from the Underground. That's one good thing out of it. Though, to keep Jake and Martinez's mind clear, I'll play their little game.

I place down my workout bag, and we both begin to stretch on the floor.

"So uh... how've you been?" He asks.