Ch. 40: Perfect Situation

Perfect Situation- Weezer

"Get your hands off the girl. Can't you see she belongs to me? And I don't appreciate this, excess company, though I can't satisfy all the needs she has and she starts to wander, can you blame her?"

-

I ran. All I did was run out that party the minute I saw that. My two best friends were fucking? Fooling around? I didn't know anything, but I felt like I knew everything. They... they were kissing. I... I don't know what to feel. How to feel. I ran about two block until one of my heels broke, making me stumble into a pole.

My hand rests on the pole, my mouth gaping of air fast, trying to let out my breaths. I look around my surrounding, and saw how dark it already became. It must be getting late, and I'm a real big dumbass for running out the party without anyone.

I take my phone out of my cape that had a secret pocket. I dial the first number I know who to call.

"Hey." Jake answers, surprise laced through his voice.

"Can you pick me up." My voice cracking for an odd reason.

"Sure..." He pauses. "What's wrong?"

"I-" I stop myself, to afraid to say the truth. Why was I so upset by this? Was it the fact both of my close friends kept it secret? Or was it the fact this was scarring? Complete and utter scarring. It's like walking in on your parents. You don't think it's gross knowing that they kiss and have sex, but seeing it; however, is a whole other level. "Just pick me up at Vradfform street."

It was surprising to see Jake only a couple minutes later. I furrow my brows, when I see him jump out of his car in seconds. The car is still left on, but he doesn't care. His hand engulf my shoulders, pulling me a bit closer. "What happened?" He looks up and down my body.

I don't say anything, but step a couple inches more, hugging him to me. He freezes, his arms falling to their sides. I squeeze tighter around him, cowering away in the crook of his neck. Slowly he hugs me back, letting me relax under him for a bit. I had to tell somebody. I had to tell Casper. I would be betraying a friend. Two of my closes friends. How could I break apart a relationship?

"What's wrong?" His voice is hushed.

I pull away from him slightly, his arms growing strong across my waist, pulling in more to him. A strong scowl in placed upon him, but I lightly kiss his lips, trying to distract myself for a moment. Jake immediately kisses back. His hand that was previously on my hips, falls down to my bottom pulling me even closer.

I pull back to fast, only receiving heavy breaths from both of us. "You're making it really hard not to be mad at you." He says while pushing his forehead to mine.

"Why would you be mad at me?" I lightly laugh at him.

"You're all alone at 10:30 at night. In this very small angel costume. There should be a lot of legitimate reasonings why I should be mad." A smile takes hold on his lips, as he sees my slight grin form into a bigger smile. "So." He starts, his hand going back up to my hips to massage them. "What's wrong? What happened?" His smile going back into a frown.

"I'll tell you in the car." I'm not really ready to tell him flat about what I just saw. He is about to protest, but he stops for some reason. He starts off walking to his side of the door. I jump in next to him in the car, and he starts the drive.

My fingers run through my hair, finally I take off the stupid halo. I didn't know what to say, so I just said it. "Alice is cheating on Casper with Lauren." My eyes shutting at the mere thought.