Ch. 84: Issues

Issues- Julia Michaels

"I'm jealous, I'm overzealous. When I'm down, I get real down. When I'm high, I don't come down. I get angry, baby, believe me. I could love you just like that. And I could leave you just this fast. But you don't judge me. 'Cause if you did, baby, I would judge you too. No, you don't judge me. 'Cause if you did, baby, I would judge you too."

MiniA/N: literally Dawn's anthem. This whole song summarizes Dawn and Jake's relationship tbh.

-

Dawn P.O.V.

He didn't come home last night, or should I say he didn't come to my home.

It doesn't feel like my home without him. I didn't sleep until two a.m. I wanted to talk it out like we usually do, but he never showed up. He never called or texted.

As I get to school on campus, I can't help but to seek him out. I haven't done such, considering he unintentionally avoids me during school hours.

Jake's by his locker with two other boy I've never met before. They must be friends of his. I usually see them with him around lunch time when I due to sit with Lauren. What's weird is, he knows all of my friends. Well all of two (Reese and Alice), but I know none of his.

One guy stares at me as I approach from behind. He nudges Jake, and Jake turns around towards me.

"Hey." My voice quiet.

"Hi." He says back, his right hand scratching at the back of his neck.

"And who might this be?" One of Jake's companions asks, stepping up.

"I'm Dawn."

"Oh. I'm Tyrese, this is Fred." He points to the blonde boy who stand next to him.

Jake stays silent, and I don't know what to say. The other two boys stay silent as well, until Fred says, "I'm sorry, can we help you with something?"

My cheeks redden in embarrassment. By Fred saying that, it makes me think that my oh so loving boyfriend never told these two guy about me.

"No, I just wanted to speak to my boyfriend." I dagger eyes at Jake, and he recoils against the locker.

"Hold up-" Tyrese begins to laugh, "You mean to tell me, the biggest hoe of the century has a girlfriend, and I ain't know shit about it." It's my turn to step back, and I feel worse and worse by the second. "Sorry for rude introduction from our friend, Fred." Fred smiles shyly, "I'm Tyrese. Jake and I are friends from work.

Work meaning the Underground or-

"We've been working at the grocery store with him for about a year." He holds his hand out for me to shake, and I do so pessimistically. "Well I'll see you two lovebirds soon." Tyrese says once our hands disconnect. Fred follow Tyrese from behind without a goodbye, but that's probably because he's embarrassed of his rudeness towards me.

"Why am I not surprised." I say out loud. Jake stays silent, and he leans his head against the lockers. "Well aren't you going to say something?"

"About what?" He seethes.

"About how you made me look like fool in front of your friends. They didn't even know that you even had a girlfriend." I cross my arms.

"I'd barely call them that Dawn. They're both from work, and they help to cover my shifts when I can't make them."

"So who are your friends then? Do they know about me? What's their names?"

"Why are you so obsessive?!" He turns to me. "It's like you think I revolve around you or something."