Prologue

Ash sat on the plane to Kanto, softly patting Pikachu. He looked out at the window, but he wasn't concentrating on the view. He was thinking about the friends he had made in the Kalos region, both people and pokémon.

He thought about Clemont and Bonnie, Sawyer, Goodra, Hawlucha, Noivern, Talonflame, Greninja, and Serena. He thought about the time he caught Greninja as a Froakie, the time he caught Fletchling, his first gym battle...  So many memories were made in the Kalos region!

He also thought about the recent events with Zygard. And to think, the world could have ended without the help of Ash and his friends! How Squishy had turned out to be a legendary pokémon!

His mind drifted to the 'see you later's' he had to say to his friends. To Sawyer, Korrina, Clemont, Bonnie, Goodra, Serena and Greninja. Then he remembered the last thing Serena had done in his company. That kiss.

He still didn't know what to think about that kiss, whether he had wanted it, or hadn't. Did Serena actually like him? She was blushing afterwards. Maybe that was just the heat?

Pikachu could almost read Ash's mind, because the playful pokémon started making kissy faces at Ash. 'Stop it Pikachu!' Ash laughed, and stroked Pikachu's tail. The pokémon made a blissful noise.

Ash took out a pokéball from his pocket, and started to study it closely. It had once housed Greninja, the pokémon Ash had such a strong bond with, that he would mega evolve without any mega stones.

'Ladies and gentlemen, we will be arriving in Kanto in about an hour. But there is some expected turbulence. For this we will be turning on the seatbelt sign. Thank you for your patience.'

'You hear that Pikachu? We'll be home in no time!' Pikachu nodded, then curled up on Ash's lap, ready for a nap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serena sat on the plane to Hoenn, absent mindedly stroking the blue ribbon Ash had given her. She was nervous to touch down in Hoenn, as the only person she knew was Sawyer, but he was working for the Hoenn Champion, Steven Stone. She wouldn't see him much.

She too, like Ash, started to think about the times she had had since she had started her adventure. Getting sweet Fennekin, meeting Ash, Clemont and Bonnie, getting Pancham, her first pokémon showcase...

Had she wanted to leave Kalos? She didn't know. She had lived there all her life, grew up there even. But if she wanted to return to Kalos, become Kalos Queen, she would have to work hard.

Her mind went over some recent events. The Zygard incident, the scariest moment in her life, saying goodbye to Bonnie, Clemont and Ash, and of course, the kiss. What if she had ruined her friendship between her and Ash? Did he feel a similar way? She felt tears pricking in her eyes, and stared out the window, hoping none of the other passengers saw her tears.

'Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for flying Latias Airways. We are touching down in Hoenn very soon. So please, for the sake of your safety, buckle up!'

Out the window, Serena started to see small islands, and she knew, she was really going to the Hoenn region. Her heart pumped with nervousness, and she smiled.

A/N Hey guys, I hope you like the start of my new book, which of course is a Amour Shipping fic. This is by no means how the rest of the book is gonna be like, it's just the opening to grab you in. :) Also, if I get anything wrong (which will be very likely), please don't hesitate to say in the comments so I can edit it for the other readers. Thanks! (also if you want to do a cover for me, that would be amazing <3)

Hannah