CHAPTER 41

'Hey Ash, do you need to stay the night?' Hannah asked, after walking home from their dinner. Hau and Susan had returned to their own homes, so it was just the girls and Ash. Serena started to blush madly. 'It is getting late.'

Serena started stuttering. 'B-but we d-don't ha-have any m-more beds!'

'Pssh, you think I didn't think about that?' Hannah said dismissively. 'Each of our beds has a bed underneath. So, either Crystal can room in with me tonight, or, Ash can stay with Serena.'

Ash shook his head. 'Nah, it's fine. The professor's been letting me stay at his place, and it's not far. I'm just gonna walk to the apartment with you guys, it's on the way.'

Serena seemed to calm down. They arrived at the apartment, and Hannah and Crystal sprinted off, leaving Ash and an extremely annoyed and flustered Serena.

'I'm glad you're in Alola, Serena.' Ash said sincerely. Serena's blush started to creep down her neck, her ears the colour of a tamato berry.

'I-I'm glad too.' Serena choked out.

Ash then did something Serena did not expect he would do in a million years. He gave Serena a hug. The girl was completely immobilised, and realised too late it had lingered too long to be a friendly platonic hug. If it was possible for her to be more red, she was. Serena did something that she didn't expect herself to do. She quickly kissed the boy on the cheek, ignoring her screaming mind. When she pulled back, Ash was red as well. They quickly let go, coughing, then Ash ran off.

'Yes!' Serena heard a shout, and Hannah and Crystal ran out from the lobby.

'Okay, so you are telling us everything you were feeling.' Crystal told Serena, directing her to the lift.

-

The next morning, the girls decided to go to the beach. Ash, Hau, Susan, Lillie, and some of Hannah's friends would meet up with them.

'I really hope there are no Pyumuku on the beach.' Hannah groaned, as they stepped in the lift to go down to the lobby. 'I stepped on one accidentally, and that was not pleasant.'

The girls crossed the road, and claimed a spot on the sand, Hannah putting an umbrella and their bags down. Crystal put up some fold up chairs. They scanned the beach for any of their friends, Hannah went running off, spotting a couple of girls in the water.

'Emily! Rachel!' She shouted. The girls turned around, and ran out of the water, hugging their friend. 'Oi! You're wet!' She told them where their gear was, and they moved their gear to where Crystal and Serena were.

One of the girls had frizzy dirty blonde hair, and big brown eyes. She wore a lilac one piece. The other girl had blonde hair as well, but had a red undertone to it. She had beautiful hazel eyes, and wore a teal bikini.

'Hey there, I'm Rachel!' The girl with the frizzy hair said.

'And I'm Emily!' The girl with the hazel eyes said.

'These have been my best friends since I was little.' Hannah said, hugging the girls, 'Em here is a Rapidash rider, and Rache is a scholar.'

Serena noticed Ash and Lillie coming to the beach. 'Guys, Ash is here!'

'Hey guys! Hey Serena.' Ash said. They put their gear with everyone else's, and the blonde pale girl with green eyes sat on a chair and began to read.

'Let's get in the water!' Emily said, running to the shore. Ash took off his shirt (oh god oh god oh god what am I doing) , Crystal taking off her towel dress, showing a yellow bikini with light blue swirls on it, and Rachel also followed.