CHAPTER 17

THANK YOU FOR 100 VOTES! MUCH LOVE <3

As Serena was leaving the contest arena, she was shoulder tapped by a woman. 'Excuse me, are you Serena Yvonne?'

'Oh, yes I am!' Serena said.

The woman gestured to a man who was holding a camera. 'Do you mind if we have an interview?'

Serena was taken aback. 'Why me?'

'Because you are quite the interesting person!' The woman exclaimed.

Have these people done research on me? 'Oh um, I'll have an interview with you!'

'Splendid! Now, can you please send out all your pokémon?' Serena sent out Sylveon, Pancham, and Braixen. 'Now we can begin!'

The man turned on his camera. ' Going live now.... and... action!'

'Welcome to Time to Talk! Today we have Serena Yvonne, the winner of the Morpoint City contest, the Rustboro City contest, and finally, the winner of the Verdaturf Town contest!' She paused. 'And she has only been in Hoenn for 3 weeks! So, Serena, you are very talented. How did you become this good?'

Serena blushed ever so slightly. 'I did showcases in Kalos, and I learnt from some of the best for battling.'

'I suppose you watched the Kalos league!'

Serena nodded. 'I also travelled with Clemont, the gym leader of Lumi - '

The woman interupted, 'The leader of the Lumiose gym! Look ladies and gentlemen, she learnt from a gym leader! Did you do the gym challenge?'

'No, but A-'

'Did you travel with any other gym leaders?'

Serena was getting cross. 'No! I travelled with Clemont, Bonnie who is Clemont's younger sister, and Ash!'

The woman looked thoughtful. 'Ash? Would it be Ash Ketchum perhaps?'

Serena nodded, blushing slightly.

'Ooh! Is there a bit of attraction there perhaps?' Serena turned bright red, and tried to cover her face. 'Well you heard it here folks! Serena Yvonne has a little crush on Ash Ketchum!'

The woman looked to the man, who was gesturing with his hands to keep it moving. 'You have some lovely pokémon. Where did you meet your companions?'

'Braixen I met as a Fennekin, who I got as my starter from Professor Sycamore. Pancham I caught just after I watched a contest, and Sylveon I caught as an Eevee in a field, she was and still is a beautiful dancer!'

'Very interesting.' The lady said. 'Now, you have three Kalos pokémon. Would you like to catch a Hoenn pokémon on screen? We can take you to a spot which has many rare pokémon.'

Serena's eyes went big. 'You would do that for me?'

The lady nodded and smiled. 'Of course! Would you like to go now?' Serena nodded, and they started walking, the lady asking questions as they travelled. They finally arrived at a meadow, where there were many different pokémon.

'And we are here! Which pokémon will Serena pick?'

Serena roamed the meadow, looking at all the pokémon there were. She looked at all their pokédex entries, and sent out her pokémon to help her.

As she was looking around, Serena found some Nuzleafs (Nuzleaves?) tormenting a yellow creature. She ran over, and told Pancham to use Shadow Claw on them. When they ran away, Serena knelt down to the yellow creature, which was trembling.

'It's okay,' Serena softly said, 'We're not going to hurt you.' Each of her pokémon made a comforting cry, and the pokémon visibly relaxed. Serena pulled up her pokédex on it, and found out it was a Swablu. 'But Swablus are usually blue?'

'And what pokémon has Serena befriended?' The lady asked the camera. 'It looks like a Swablu, but it is a shining yellow! How interesting!'

Serena looked at the Swablu. She realised that the flying pokémon was releasing star particles. 'A shining yellow...' She rumaged through her bag, and pulled out some poképuffs she had made. 'Here you go, you can have it!'

Pancham looked disappointed, but Serena said, 'You can all have one!' All of Serena's pokémon munched eagerly into their poképuffs, but the Swablu picked at the food. As soon as it tasted it, its eyes lit up, and gobbled the poképuff up. 'Did you like it?' It nodded.

The man had whispered to the woman. 'My collegue here says it is a shiny Swablu!' The woman exclaimed.

'A shiny Swablu... maybe that was why those Nuzleaf were targeting it.' Swablu had now nestled up to Serena, full after the poképuff. 'I think I would like this Swablu to be my friend.'

The woman handed her a pink, blue and yellow pokéball. 'This is a Heal Ball. I think it would be good to catch Swablu in, considering the damage it received.'

'Oh yes! Thank you very much!' Serena smiled. 'Swablu, would you like to go on our journey with us?' She held out the pokéball in her hand.

'Ladies and gentlemen, will the Swablu accept Serena?' The woman asked the camera.

The Swablu looked at the pokéball, then at Serena. Then, it flew into the Heal Ball, beak first. The ball shook once, twice, three times. It made a ping, and the Swablu was caught.

Swablu popped out of the pokéball, much to Serena's surprise. It flew around Serena's head making happy cries.

'Well, that's it for our interview today. Thank you to Serena Yvonne for talking to us today. Goodbye from Time to Talk!'

As Serena was summoning her Swablu back, it popped out of the pokéball again. She tried it again, but the same thing happened. 'Swablu, could you please get in your pokéball? It's getting dark.' Swablu shook its head. 'Do you not like being in your ball?' It shook its head again. 'Okay, let's go.'

The pair walked back to the pokémon center, Serena guided by the glittering light of Swablu.

OOH boi, this was long. It's also sooooo hot here, its 30 degrees Celcius, or about 86 degrees Farenheit, and considering that it was about 20*C (68*F) last week. It's hot. Air con is a blessing. Also, in you are wondering why I chose I shiny Swablu, I wanted it to parallel it to Ash and his shiny Noctowl. I have come up the ending paragraph or two, and I think its pretty cute. 

QOTD: What is your favourite shiny pokémon from Hoenn? For me it would be either shiny Gardevoir or shiny Primal Kyogre.

Don't forget to vote and comment :D

Hannah <3