CHAPTER 7

After watching all of the first round, it was time for the second round, which Serena was especially nervous for. She and Braixen were one of the four finalists, including a boy and his Kadabra, a girl and her Electrike, which was a sparkling blue, and another girl with a Togetic.

Serena was against the girl and the blue Electrike. Her and Braixen moved to the battlefield, the girl, who was called Cassidy, stood on the other side, her Electrike sparkling faintly. She had heard of very rare variants in colour, and had seen one with Steven's Metagross. How rare was it to find one?

All Serena felt were nerves and excitement. She had never been the best at battling, but she had learnt from one of the best. 'Are you ready Braixen? Let's do our best!'

'Battle begin!' The offical said. The scoreboard now had Braixen and Electrike's faces, with a meter underneath.

'Try not to miss Braixen! Fire Blast!' Braixen lifted her stick, and sent a star of fire towards the electric pokémon. It tried to dodge, but the flames hit, making Electrike's meter go down.

'Let's not get frazzled Electrike! Spark!' A small bolt of electricity was sent to Braixen, but she neatly jumped out of the way with the command from Serena. Electrike's meter went down.

'Hidden Power!' Braixen made a silver orb, and flung it in Electrike's direction. Electrike leapt over the orb. Braixen's meter went down.

'Get up close and use Ice Fang!' Electrike ran to Braixen, and tried to use Ice Fang, but Braixen jumped away, Electrike's meter going down. It was now below halfway.

'Flamethrower then Stratch!' Serena said. Braixen sent a spout of flames to Electrike, then got in close and used Scratch. Electrike's meter had just a sliver left.

'Bite Electrike!' Cassidy yelled. Electrike ran in to Braixen, and opened its mouth.

'Dodge Braixen! Leap up!' Just when Electrike was about to close its mouth, Braxien leapt up, avoiding the attack. Electrike's meter was completely diminished. Serena and Braixen had won!

'We did it Braixen! We did it!' Serena ran to hug Braixen.

'Congratulations to Serena and her Braixen, who will be moving onto the final battle against Leah and her Togetic.'

'Are you ready Braixen? I'm so proud of you!' Serena said, as she sent out Pancham and Sylveon. 'We made it to the finals!' Pancham jumped up and down, while Sylveon danced around Braixen and Serena.

'Now, I expect you two to be cheering for Braixen.' Serena laughed. Sylveon and Pancham nodded. 'I suppose we should get into battling shall we?'

Serena was now again at the battlefield, her opponent facing her, pokéball in hand. 'Come on out Togetic!' Leah said, and her Togetic appeared.

'Battle begin!'

'Okay Braixen, Togetic flies, so it will be easier for it to avoid attacks. So, Fire eBlast!' Braixen made a star of fire, and hurled it towards Togetic. It almost dodged, but a small corner hit its wing, making Togetic's meter go down.

'It's our turn Togetic! Fairy Wind!' Togetic spun around, causing a glittering wind to be aimed at Braixen. The fire pokémon tried to dodge, but the Fairy Wind hit Braixen full on. Braixen's meter went down.

Serena froze. Braixen got hit! 'It's okay Braixen, counter it with Hidden Power! Get in close!' As she ran to get close to Togetic, she made a silver orb. When Braixen was close enough, she flung it to hit Togetic. It made its mark.

'Shadow Ball!' Togetic made a ghostly purple ball, and flung it towards Braixen.

'Fire Blast! Hit the Shadow Ball back!' The star of fire was like a wall, pushing the Shadow Ball back, hitting Togetic. The fairy type couldn't afford to miss or be hit – the battle would be over otherwise.

'Fairy Wind again!' Togetic started to spun around again.

Serena had a idea. 'Get in close Braixen!' Braixen tried to get in close, but the sparkling wind swept her off her feet. Her meter went down, just under halfway. 'Flamethrower!' A spout of flames hurtled towards Togetic, but Togetic flew over the fire.

Serena glanced up at the scoreboard. Togetic and Braixen were neck and neck. Whoever missed or was hit would lose.

'Go Serena!' A girl's voice yelled. Serena could tell it was Stephanie, and it gave her strength.

'Let's finish this! Shadow Ball!' Leah said.

'Fire Blast!' Serena cried.

The ghostly purple ball and the star of fire collided, but the pure power and passion Braixen had, reflected in the move. It pushed the Shadow Ball to hit Togetic. The battle was over.

'Congratulations to Serena and her Braixen, the winners of the Morpoint City Pokémon Contest!'

Serena couldn't believe it. 'We won? We won! Braixen! We really won!' Braixen ran to Serena, and they both hugged, Serena sobbing into Braixen's fur.

'Come up to receive your ribbon.' Serena and Braixen went up to the presenter, and collected her very own turquiose ribbon, like the one Sophia had gotten. Her and Braixen held it together.

Serena went back to the competitors room. She saw Cassidy grooming her Electrike, and walked up to her. She looked up. 'So you won. Congratulations.'

'Oh yes, I did. But I wanted to thank you for our battle. It was my first contest.'

She looked very surprised. 'Your first contest? It didn't seem like it.'

'I did showcases in the Kalos region. I also wanted to ask you about your Electrike. Why does it glitter?'

Cassidy stroked her Electrike. 'It's a shiny pokémon. Elecrike is usually green, but the shiny variant is blue. My dad found it for me.'

'Wow. If it's okay, I would like to talk to Leah now. Bye!' Serena waved, and Cassidy waved back, then went back to grooming her Electrike.

Serena saw Leah sitting in the corner, her Togetic hovering next to her, looking concerned. 'I'm okay Togetic. Just a bit sad, but I'm fine.'

'Hello?' Serena said. Leah looked up.

'Oh hi. Congrats.' She said.

'Thank you for our battle. I enjoyed it.'

'Oh right. I haven't met you before this, so where are you from?'

'I'm from the Kalos region, in Vaniville Town.' Serena replied.

'Cool. Now if you don't mind, I would like to be alone. Bye.'

'Bye. Come on Braixen, let's go outside!' Serena said, leading Braixen out of the building. Stephanie came running up to her.

'Serena, Serena! Can I see it? Please!' She begged. Serena showed her the turquoise ribbon. 'So pretty!'

Tyson strode up to Serena, pushing away Stephanie. 'You did great. Of course you wouldn't have won if it was against me. I'm great at battling.'

'Well you didn't get to round 2 did you now?' Serena retorted. 'Come on Braixen, Stephanie, let's go.' She lead them back to the pokémon center.

Three of the five videophones in the pokécenter were ringing. 'Calling Serena Yvonne, calling Serena Yvonne.' One was from the Kanto region, and the other two were from the Kalos region. She decided to take her chances, and answer one from the Kalos region.

'Hello?'

Hey guys! New chapter up! Now, there is probably a large chunk of you that are wondering where the Amour/SatoSere shipping is in this book. Well, my lovely readers, that will be coming, just gotta get through some of the boring parts first :)

QOTD: What is your favourite flying pokémon? Mine's Togekiss!

Don't forget to vote and comment :)

Hannah <3