CHAPTER 23

It was time for Crystal and Kirlia to perform. 'Are you ready Kirlia? Let's start off with Future Sight!' Kirlia closed her eyes. 'Heal Pulse!'

Kirlia made a pink wave that rippled around her, and starting leaping in the pink particles. It flicked up the pink, making spikes. Sparkles appeared around Kirlia, meaning the pokémon was healed.

'Perfect! Now, Psychic!' Kirlia's eyes glowed blue, and she floated above the ground, twirling and doing the splits. The crowd clapped.

Crystal beamed. 'That was great! Okay, you know what to do. Magical Leaf!' Kirlia closed her eyes, and waited for a few beats. Then she made glowing leaves appear, aimed at one certain place in particular. Suddenly, a orb with glowing colours of pinks, teals, and purples appeared in the spot that the leaves were. It exploded on impact, and teal, pink and purple sparkles floated around the room.

'Heal Pulse, then Psychic!' Kirlia again made a pink wave, then, concentrating hard, her eyes glowing blue, made the pink wave curve over into a dome. It swirled around the fairy pokémon. 'Now!' With a powerful cry, Kirlia made the dome explode, making pink sparkles fly around the room. The crowd clapped. 'We're done!' Crystal said. 'That was perfect Kirlia!'

Mr. Contesta was the first to produce his score, which was a 10. 'That was a perfect performance!'

'The way you used the Psychic attacks was very interesting.' Nurse Joy said, with a score of 9.8.

'That was beautiful! You and Kirlia work together well!' said Mr Suziko. His score of 10 was produced.

Kirlia jumped into Crystal's arms. 'Thank you Kirlia, thank you!' They walked back to the competitors room.

'How did I do?' Crystal asked Serena.

'That was great! You did really well!' Serena replied.

Crystal beamed. 'Thank you!' She looked at Swablu. 'Is Swablu okay?'

Swablu had hidden away right behind Serena. She was quivering severely.

'Are you okay Swablu?' Swablu buried itself deeper behind Serena. 'Are you nervous?' Swablu nodded its head. 'You don't have to if you don't want to.'

Crystal offered to look after Swablu, and Serena accepted. Somehow, she had to make up a routine in less than ten minutes. Who would she use? She sent out Braixen, and started to work on a routine, very close to what they had done in their first contest. Swablu watched intently.

'Competitor 18?' Serena was number 19, and she hadn't finished the routine with Braixen. 'Please get ready competitor 19.'

Serena took a deep breath. 'Okay Braixen, are you ready?' Braixen shook her head. 'Me neither. I'm worried about Swablu.'

Braixen held out her stick, and Serena grasped it.

'Competitor 19?' Serena summoned Braixen into her pokéball, and walked to the stage.

Serena held Braixen's pokéball in her hand. 'I choose you –'

Suddenly, a yellow flash appeared before Serena. It flapped its cloud shaped wings, and chirped determinedly. 'Swablu?'

Cliffhangers. I hate reading them, love writing them. Go read (and vote) my cousin's book, called Cat Tails. Her username is @PrincessPippa .

QOTD: Favourite non-evolving pokémon (not legends)? Mine would probably Togedemaru, it's really cute.

Don't forget to vote and comment :D

Hannah <3