CHAPTER 24

I'm putting myself in this chapter. Deal with it. So that means I'm putting a description of myself. This is gonna feel so weird lol

After a simple yet pretty performance, Serena and Swablu had a very respectable score of 27.8, sneaking them into 4th place.

She was against another girl with brown hair, blue eyes, and a splash of freckles on her face. Her pokémon was one Serena hadn't seen before, it looked almost like a mermaid.

'First we have Serena and her Swablu, and Hannah with her Primarina! Battle begin!'

Swablu trembled. The Primarina looked powerful, and Serena knew that it would have some strong, beautiful moves, easy to combine.

'Okay Swablu, I know you can do it!' Serena smiled. 'Shall we start off with Round?'

Swablu made an odd noise, and sent a clear ring to hit Primarina.

Hannah was quick to act. 'Psychic! Get away Moana!' Primarina, who was called Moana, opened her eyes, now a shocking blue. Just as the ring was about to hit her, the pokémon flew just out of range. Swablu's meter went down.

Serena gasped. That meant that the Primarina could get away from any attacks, and make Swablu stay in one place. The other girl had certainly had thought about this. But Serena and Swablu had one attack left that they could use.

'I think it's our turn Moana! Sparkling Aria, then Shadow Ball!' Primarina stood up on its tail, and shot out a jet of sparkling blue water. It spread throughout the arena, meaning Swablu couldn't avoid it. The poor shiny pokémon got soaking wet. To make matters worse, the Primarina had started to produce a dark purple ball, and hurled it towards Swablu. Swablu's meter went down to half way.

Serena took a deep breath. 'I believe in you Swablu! Disarming Voice!' Swablu made a piercing cry, and music notes hit Primarina. Her and Hannah's meter went down.

'Psychic, then Shadow Ball!' Hannah said. Her and Moana looked confident, and almost seemed to move as one. Primarina's eyes glowed blue again, and Swablu seemed to freeze, surrounded by blue light. Then, eyes still blue, the mermaid-like pokémon produced a purple ball, and sent it towards the trapped Swablu. Serena's and Swablu's meter had about a quarter left.

Serena started to freak out. Swablu had been held by that Primarina, and she couldn't do anything about it. She tried to calm herself down, when she had an idea. 'Swablu! Disarming Voice over and over!' Swablu started to zip around Primarina, making piercing cries. Moana had covered her head with her flippers, and had closed her eyes. 'Round!' Swablu made the odd noise, and the rings appeared, hitting Primarina. Her meter went down to a little less than halfway.

Hannah nodded. She didn't look surprised, but almost a about time look. 'I think we need to end it with a bang, Moana!' She fiddled with the bracelet around her wrist, and started to do a funny dance. When she had finished, a golden flaming aura had appeared around the water pokémon. She let out a bursting cry, and a huge ball of water started to form.

Serena stood stock still. What move is that? It looked powerful, and unescapable.

Primarina squinted her eyes, and willed the ball of water to move closer to Swablu, who looked terrified. Then, with a loud cry, the ball sped towards Swablu, and exploded on impact. And with that, it was over.

'Swablu is unable to battle! Primarina wins by default!' The offical yelled.

Although she was exhausted, Hannah came running onto the battlefield to hug Primarina. 'I'm so proud of you Moana!'

Serena had run onto the field to where Swablu had landed. The poor flying pokémon had just awoken, and was looking very sad and ashamed.

'It's okay Swablu,' assured Serena. 'That was a tough opponent! Let's go back to the competitors room.' Serena carried Swablu in her arms, and walked back to the room.

Behind her was Hannah. 'Hey, I don't think we've properly met. I'm Hannah.'

Serena turned around. 'Oh! I'm Serena. Nice to meet you.'

'You've probably heard this so many times, but I'm such a big fan. I used to get up at about 3am to watch you!' She said excitedly. 'I'm from Alola, by the way.'

By the time she had finished, Swablu had recovered enough to start flying. It zipped to sit on Serena's head, looking like a hat. 'Thank you. What was that last move you used?'

Hannah showed the bracelet she had on her wrist. 'It was Moan- I mean Primarina's Z-move. I got it when I did my Island Challenge.'

'Calling for Hannah and her Primarina?' The offical said before Serena could ask what an 'island challenge' is.

Hannah waved. 'Got to go and get my first ribbon!' She ran out the door.

Serena smiled. She had met two very lovely people, and one was even from Alola, where she planned to make her very own Alolan showcases.

She sat down on a bench to watch the battle between her new friends, both wanting that ribbon.

Oh god I'm so sorry that I haven't posted oh god I haven't posted in like two weeks oh no so yeah I'm in this one, and no, I did not make me purposely win, I wanted Serena to lose way before I decided to have me as the opponent. So yeah.

QOTD: What is your favourite starter pokémon? Mine's Primarina ugh I just love it so much.

Don't forget to vote and comment :D

Hannah <3