CHAPTER 29

'We're here!' Serena cried happily. Then, she collasped tiredly into a bench nearby. Crystal was next flop next to her, but Hannah wasn't anywhere to be seen. 'Where's Hannah?'

'I'm not sure. Should we go looking for her?' Crystal asked.

Swablu flew into the sky, star particles flowing off the shiny pokémon. She went the way they had come from, chirping loudly.

'Swablu will find her! Maybe she just needed a rest...'

-

Twenty minutes later, Hannah emerged from the forest, panting heavily. Swablu was fluttering around the very tired girl. 'You – weren't – waiting – for me!' She panted. 'Oh Arceus – above - I'm – so – tired.'

Crystal looked away with guilt. 'We're sorry Hannah. I guess we got distracted?'

'That – excuse – isn't – good enough.' She collasped dramatically on Crystal.

Serena started to laugh. 'Hannah!' Crystal yelped.

'Okay, I'm better now.' Hannah said. 'Should we go to the Pokémon Center to call Ash, the love of Serena's life?' Serena blushed a brilliant red, while Crystal and Hannah were cackling their heads off. 'Oh come on you know I'm exaggerating. Kind of.' (Who gets that reference? If you do I love you)

'I think we should go.' Crystal said, giggling slightly. They got up, and asked around to find the Pokémon Center.

As they entered the Pokémon Center, Crystal stopped dead in her tracks. 'Roselyn? Is that you?'

A girl with blonde hair and blue and magenta streaks turned around. Her dark brown eyes lit up with happiness. 'Crystal!' She went to hug her. 'I missed you so much!'

Crystal hugged her back. 'I missed you too. How have you been?'

'I've been great! I caught a Vulpix when you were gone.' She grinned. She sent out a small Vulpix, who immediately jumped into her trainer's arms.

Hannah looked confused. 'Is that a Vulpix?' she asked. 'We have different ones in Alola. They're ice types.'

'That's interesting.' Roselyn said.

'I think we should catch up Rose! Serena, is that okay?' Crystal asked.

Serena smiled. 'Of course! Hannah and I can call Ash back. He should still be up right?'

Hannah nodded. 'Since we, well you, ran, it should be about seven in Alola.'

'That's great! Let's go!' She dragged Hannah by the hand to where the videophones were. She dialed for Alola, and called for Ash. The calling screen appeared.

Serena started to feel nervous. 'I hope he'll pick up.'

'Of course he will!' Hannah assured. 'Serena, he cares about you. I could see that as bright as day.' Serena flushed slightly.

Ash's face appeared, grinning widely. 'Hey Serena!'

Hannah poked her head into view. 'I'm here too, you know.'

'Hi Hannah. How have you guys been?' He asked.

Hannah opened her mouth to answer, but Serena quickly interjected. 'We've been good! How have you been?' Hannah sulked off screen.

'I've been great!' He replied. 'I caught two pokémon today!'

Serena's brunette friend slid back into screen. 'What pokémon did you catch?'

'I caught a Rowlet and a Rockruff!' He took off his backpack, where a small rotund bird with a little green bowtie slept. He also called for his Rockruff, a little dog-like pokémon with big blue eyes and rock spikes around its neck. 'Also I'm starting my Island Challenge tomorrow. I'll be off exploring the Alola region!'

Serena's voice went quiet. 'I guess you'll want to get a good night sleep.'

'It's fine.' Ash said. 'I want to talk to my friends more!'

Serena blushed slightly. 'Thank you Ash.'

'Hold on.' Hannah said. 'The Ash Ketchum has called me his friend! No way! Crystal you won't believe this!' She ran off to find her blue haired friend.

Ash scratched his neck in embarrassment. 'Well, I can't wait for you guys to come to Alola. Especially you, Serena.'

Serena went red. 'Th-thank you Ash.' She smiled warmly.

'How's Swablu going?' He asked.

After hearing her name, Swablu flew into view after settling on Serena's lap. It did a flip in the air, then went to sleep on Serena's hat. The blonde giggled slightly. 'She's good.'

Ash yawned. 'Sorry Serena. I might go to sleep now. I'll talk to you tomorrow after I beat my first trial!'

'Okay. Sweet dreams Ash.'

He waved. 'Later!' He ended the call. Serena took off her hat with Swablu sleeping on it. She stroked the flying pokémon softly.

Hannah came running back. 'Did you end the call?' Serena nodded. 'I'm going to practise for the contest with Togekiss. You wanna come?'

'Sure! I'll practise with Braixen.' They both ran out of the pokémon center.

'Guys? Hannah? Serena?' Crystal called out. 'Guys?!'

Hi. I want to say congrats to my friend Crystal for getting 1k reads on her book. I think she really deserves it, and more.

I've noticed that Regions Apart isn't getting as many votes as other books for different fandoms. I urge you to go back and vote on chapters you haven't. Do that for your other favourite authors, it really helps them out :D

QOTD: What is your favourite town in Pokémon? Mine would be Anistar City, the sundial is really cool.

Don't forget to vote and comment :D

Hannah <3