CHAPTER 8

'Hello?'

'Serena! I'm so proud of you!' Her mother said, smiling widely.

Serena smiled back. 'Thank you mum, but it wasn't just me. It was Braixen as well.' She hugged Braixen. 'Oh! I forgot to tell Pancham and Sylveon that we won!' She sent out Sylveon and Pancham.

'We won!' Serena held out the ribbon to show her pokémon. Pancham leapt into Serena's arms, while Sylveon waited until Pancham was off, and jumped in to get a cuddle herself.

Stephanie started to play with Pancham, bouncing around like rubber balls. 'Who's this?' Her mother asked.

'This is Stephanie, she watched me do showcases.' Stephanie stood up, and waved to Grace. She waved back.

'Serena, what are you going to do next?' Grace asked.

Serena stopped. She had been thinking about it just before she went to sleep for the past week. Did she want to get into the Grand Fesitval? Did she want to travel Hoenn, stopping for contests? What was she going to do next?

'I'm not sure. I was thinking about going to Alola next, but I don't know when.' Serena said. 'I don't know if I'd go after a I win a certain amount of ribbons, get to the Grand Fesival, I'm not sure.'

Grace smiled. 'Just remember that you're always welcome at home.' She stopped, looking off the screen. 'Fletchling? Do you want to say something to Serena?'

Fletchling flew into view, chirping loudly. 'Fletch! Fletchling!'

'Thank you Fletchling!' Serena said. Of course she didn't know what the bird pokémon was saying, for all she knew he was saying, 'power bag', but she assumed it was something kind. 'Mum, I think I have to go, I have about three other people calling me.'

'Of course Serena, talk to you soon.' Fletchling flew around Grace's head, still chirping.

'Bye Mum!' She ended the call. Suddenly three videophones started to ring, including the one Serena was sitting at. She jumped out of her skin, but answered the one she was on.

'Hi Serena! Congratulations!' Her green eyed, brown haired friend said.

'Shauna! Thank you!' Serena exclaimed.

There was a pause.

'Well?' Shauna prodded.

'Well what?'

'What happened with Ash? Are you a couple now?!'

Serena blushed a brilliant red. 'Well, uh, no. But... I uh, kissed him!'

Shauna's eyes were as big as saucers. 'Really?'

'Does Serena have a boyfriend?' Stephanie said. Serena blushed.

'Stephanie stop! No, but I wish he was.' Stephanie gasped, then proceeded to skip around the pokémon center, singing 'Serena has a boyfriend!'. Serena's whole face was bright red.

Shauna laughed. 'Who's this? She reminds me of Bonnie.'

Serena laughed too. 'That's Stephanie. She ran up to me the first day I was here. She said she watched me in the showcases.'

'That's so sweet! How are you finding Hoenn anyway?'

'I like it here. I've only been to Morpoint, but it is really beautiful. I do miss Kalos though.'

'I might go now, but Trevor and Tierno said congrats. Bye!'

Serena waved. 'Bye Shauna!' The call ended. Serena jumped again, as two videophones started ring again. She knew that they were either Bonnie and Clemont, and the other one was Ash. Who would she answer first?